South Pittsburg vs Huntland (Captain Victory vs Blue Hornet Robertson)

Southtowner

12 hours ago, Southtowner said:

SPA defeats Sequatchie Middle tonight 34-6.

SPA clinched the #2 seed in the conference and will host Sequatchie Middle next Thursday night in a #2 vs #3 matchup.

^  Is this a new format?  @Indian

Seems like the format changes constantly. I didn't even know Spring City was in the league, seems they'd be a better fit with Meigs, Athens, Cumberland teams etc. 

Sequatchie didn't play a great game but they have some good size and better than average speed. As long as they have those 2 things and good numbers going into the high school each year, and are competitive/winning most of their 8th grade games I'll be pleased. 

1 minute ago, Indian said:

Seems like the format changes constantly. I didn't even know Spring City was in the league, seems they'd be a better fit with Meigs, Athens, Cumberland teams etc. 

Sequatchie didn't play a great game but they have some good size and better than average speed. As long as they have those 2 things and good numbers going into the high school each year, and are competitive/winning most of their 8th grade games I'll be pleased. 

I didn't know the format either.  Maybe they have gone to this #2 vs #3 because of the confusion over what the tie breaking rules were the last few years but honestly I don't care for the 2 vs 3.  

I had heard Spring City was voted back into the Sequatchie Valley Conference.  I didn't know that till a few weeks ago.

SPA had a good regular season finishing 6-1 and have the #2 seed.

56 minutes ago, D60 said:

Last week that Stewart man predicted Jasper would beat South Pittsburg.  This week he predicts South Pittsburg will beat Huntland.  I hope that's not a bad omen.

Does anyone know if tonights 1969 class  is having there reunion? 50 years ago they won the very first TSSAA class A state championship.  Just wish my good buddy Booster was around to be here to see it. He was a member of that team. I miss him and can't believe he's gone. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Indian said:

31 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I didn't know the format either.  Maybe they have gone to this #2 vs #3 because of the confusion over what the tie breaking rules were the last few years but honestly I don't care for the 2 vs 3.  

I had heard Spring City was voted back into the Sequatchie Valley Conference.  I didn't know that till a few weeks ago.

SPA had a good regular season finishing 6-1 and have the #2 seed.

They constantly change the rules to fit agendas. It’s a shame how it’s went down the past three years. Two years ago we lost an out of conference regular season game to Boyd Buchanan. It knocked us out of our league championship game even though no one else in the conference played them. Last year they changed that tie breaker rule after the regular season was finished that allowed Bledsoe in the conference game and knocking us out of it again.  This year they bring in Spring City who has no business in the “Sequatchie Valley Conference.” Lets just be honest... It’s a circus is what it is. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SPHS09 said:

They constantly change the rules to fit agendas. It’s a shame how it’s went down the past three years. Two years ago we lost an out of conference regular season game to Boyd Buchanan. It knocked us out of our league championship game even though no one else in the conference played them. Last year they changed that tie breaker rule after the regular season was finished that allowed Bledsoe in the conference game and knocking us out of it again.  This year they bring in Spring City who has no business in the “Sequatchie Valley Conference.” Lets just be honest... It’s a circus is what it is. 

I agree with you.  I'm just getting up to speed on some of the shenanigans that have taken place.  I appreciate your input.

Dearest Mother-

By the time you receive this letter the Great and Terrible Vengeance will have subsided so you and Poppa can return to your daily lives and exit your safe place. You'll be happy to know Captain Victory and his Band of Pirates were more than capable of delivering the required judgment. Nothing much remains but a few thorns and thistles.  We have now done a 180 and returned to defend The Beene from an invading horde of Hornets led by none other than Blue Hornet Robertson. And yes, I still have the can of Bruton you sent along with my other provisions of possum cakes and squirrel butter.   After this campaign there won't be any Vespidae left to contend with. But on the horizon I do see carnivores galore in our pathway.  Lions, 2 different divisions of Tigers followed by Panthers and Cougars. Oh my!  But don't you fret Sweet Mother of mine for our sidearm is true and our ground forces along with the aerial bombardment is coming along very nicely as is our special units. Tell Poppa to hold steadfast for your youngest son who is of sound mind and strong body will be on furlough in a fortnight.   Love to All-

Sgt
             Southtowner
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I agree with you.  I'm just getting up to speed on some of the shenanigans that have taken place.  I appreciate your input.

SPA has beaten the conference champion in 2017 and 2018 but didn’t get to play in the championship game.  This year they swept all the real Sequatchie Valley teams this season but finish 2nd. It’s really ridiculous the way it’s been handled. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1