Father Ryan

PurpleReign74

39 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

Thanks JRB- I knew you would fact check me!:thumb:

A few years ago, one of my sons played baseball for Nashville Catholic as we had no other option for middle school baseball.  NC was run by FR alums and open to any boy in the diocese.  From what I'm hearing, very similar to what Catholic Panther is doing/building, which to me seems like a good thing.  3 boys from that baseball team attend Pope, just like not all CP kids will go to Ryan.

2 hours ago, JRB said:

After last year, I thought the lefty kid, Taylor Montiel, was slated to be QB at BA.

Montiel rotated in for BA at QB before Williams' injury, and why not considering what Montiel did in the playoff semifinals last year. I wasn't surprised to learn Montiel will be going to Mississippi State to play baseball -- he gets some serious speed behind his throws, plus there is always demand in baseball for a good lefty with a strong arm.

Williams also played safety for BA, so it was a double-whammy for the Eagles. Also, Williams was the holder for placekicks, though Daniel Perez in a backup role did just fine in the second half against Whitehaven.

4 minutes ago, LouPickney said:

Montiel rotated in for BA at QB before Williams' injury, and why not considering what Montiel did in the playoff semifinals last year. I wasn't surprised to learn Montiel will be going to Mississippi State to play baseball -- he gets some serious speed behind his throws, plus there is always demand in baseball for a good lefty with a strong arm.

Williams also played safety for BA, so it was a double-whammy for the Eagles. Also, Williams was the holder for placekicks, though Daniel Perez in a backup role did just fine in the second half against Whitehaven.

Yes, he can sling it on the diamond.  Was a legit 85 from the left side last year as a sophomore. Is he now the QB w/Williams' injury?

1 minute ago, JRB said:

Yes, he can sling it on the diamond.  Was a legit 85 from the left side last year as a sophomore. Is he now the QB w/Williams' injury?

Yes, Montiel played QB for the duration after Williams' injury last week. Somewhat comical at the very end with Montiel not typically going under center and having to take a shotgun snap for the kneel-down.

All this talk about Middle School teams is great.... those boys and any parent that is paying attention will know that FR is going nowhere with the current coaching staff.  BA drubbed a FR team that has obviously given up on their coaches.  50-7... a TD with a running clock against their freshman team. The score could have easily been 84-0.

if anyone thinks that Rector and Taveau aren’t in over their heads are crazy.  I have never seen a bigger offensive disaster.....honestly.....it’s terrible.  They have taken a quality QB and ruined him.  They do nothing to accentuate his strengths. 

53 minutes ago, PurpleReign74 said:

All this talk about Middle School teams is great.... those boys and any parent that is paying attention will know that FR is going nowhere with the current coaching staff.  BA drubbed a FR team that has obviously given up on their coaches.  50-7... a TD with a running clock against their freshman team. The score could have easily been 84-0.

if anyone thinks that Rector and Taveau aren’t in over their heads are crazy.  I have never seen a bigger offensive disaster.....honestly.....it’s terrible.  They have taken a quality QB and ruined him.  They do nothing to accentuate his strengths. 

Tonight was disastrous and that is being nice.  I don’t see how the QB regains confidence after 4 games like that...he is just a kid.  My dog could play all a better game.  This wasn’t as much Jimmy & Joes...more like X’s & O’s!

20 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

Tonight was disastrous and that is being nice.  I don’t see how the QB regains confidence after 4 games like that...he is just a kid.  My dog could play all a better game.  This wasn’t as much Jimmy & Joes...more like X’s & O’s!

Truly out coached.......coaches are responsible for the QBs demise. FR program is spiraling out of control.  I assure you, there is no amount of NC talent that will overcome the lack of an offensive and defensive identity.  PTIFUL

9 hours ago, PurpleReign74 said:

Truly out coached.......coaches are responsible for the QBs demise. FR program is spiraling out of control.  I assure you, there is no amount of NC talent that will overcome the lack of an offensive and defensive identity.  PTIFUL

Put Boots in charge of the athletic department and the whole sports program will get better not just football.

On September 20, 2019 at 10:10 PM, PurpleReign74 said:

And Rector signed a 3 year contract at the beginning of the season. FRHS football program has regressed BIG TIME since he has taken over

On September 20, 2019 at 10:49 AM, PurplePanther said:

Although not directed at me, let me put some facts out there:

prior to Catholic Panthers- middle school team numbers dwindled so much that there were 3 diocese teams: west, central, and north catholic.

last year, central and north catholic didn’t have numbers to field teams.  Central had already planned to merge with west.  North Catholic parents found out the Friday before the first practice that there would be no team.

Some NC kids didn’t play at all since the daily drive across town was too much. Many of these parents live in Sumner county and not Davidson.  

JP2 freshman team has the mix of former CP players was well as some that missed playing their 8th grade year.

i don’t think that it is a fair statement to say “split the talent” since the aren’t public zoned schools.  JP2 is in Sumner County with a host of athletes that live in close proximity, but go to Gallatin, Hendersonville, BGA (you have to pass Father Ryan to get there).  Why are they not getting the players?  Not to mention the school bus that goes all the way to Bowling Green Ky.

Does Ryan have an advantage?  Yes.  They stepped up and provided facilities.  The coaches for the newly formed team had been coaching for years in the parochial league and elsewhere.  NC coaches haven’t coached football since the collapse of the teams.

what kid wouldn’t want a chance to be a part of a program that has yet to loose?  A chance to play with his teammates for another 4 years?

And play for a Father Ryan team that has regressed tremendously since Rector arrived. Also, he talks down to his players using vulgar language. Rector is not the answer, sorry