Father Ryan

PurpleReign74

39 minutes ago, Football101101 said:

And play for a Father Ryan team that has regressed tremendously since Rector arrived. Also, he talks down to his players using vulgar language. Rector is not the answer, sorry

What is the feeling on McIntyre?  JP2 brought in Deely and he is a good administrator that also has an eye on athletics.  One would think McIntyre would be know a thing or two with stints in Texas and Georgia.  At this rate JP2 will be The Catholic HS in middle TN.

this isn’t the first time I’ve heard talking down to the players.  Grapevine says that it was excavated to the administration....wonder what will happen...

On 9/23/2019 at 10:12 AM, Football101101 said:

And play for a Father Ryan team that has regressed tremendously since Rector arrived. Also, he talks down to his players using vulgar language. Rector is not the answer, sorry

Talks down to his players using vulgar language?  How many good high school football coaches have you ever been around that didn't use colorful language?  I was told many years ago by my father that I should listen to the message not how it is delivered!  It's a good thing you  never played for Boots Donnelly, Tom Fiveash, Joe Drennan or Tommy Bateman.  The best thing that Father Ryan could do would be to convince Coach Donnelly to become the AD and allow him to fix the whole athletic department.  Now to do that Jim, the board and administration would need to stay on the other side of the bridge and allow him to do his job because they don't have a clue as to what is broken much less how to fix the problems.

2 hours ago, cbg said:

Talks down to his players using vulgar language?  How many good high school football coaches have you ever been around that didn't use colorful language?  I was told many years ago by my father that I should listen to the message not how it is delivered!  It's a good thing you  never played for Boots Donnelly, Tom Fiveash, Joe Drennan or Tommy Bateman.  The best thing that Father Ryan could do would be to convince Coach Donnelly to become the AD and allow him to fix the whole athletic department.  Now to do that Jim, the board and administration would need to stay on the other side of the bridge and allow him to do his job because they don't have a clue as to what is broken much less how to fix the problems.

I've been around PLENTY of successful coaches who didn't degrade or cuss players. Shows the classlessness of Rector when he does this.

11 hours ago, Football101101 said:

I've been around PLENTY of successful coaches who didn't degrade or cuss players. Shows the classlessness of Rector when he does this.

Motivating players while cursing and cursing AT them because you are frustrated are 2 very different things.  Coach Rector and Taveau both need to figure out a way to motivate a group of young men that, by the looks of it, have given their coaches a vote of NO confidence.  It was quite obvious the team quit during the first half against BA.  Let’s be honest here.... You could have picked 5 Dads out of the stands, given them a couple weeks to prepare and they wouldn’t have done any worse than 40-0 at half.  Father Ryan did not move the ball past mid-field until 1/2 way through the 3rd quarter.

Hopefully, a fresh start is coming next fall.  For any NC parent reading this, Please don’t believe that your group of talented 8th graders are good enough to overcome atrocious coaching and poor strength and conditioning. 

Edited by PurpleReign74

On 9/26/2019 at 9:06 AM, cbg said:

was thinkin dirty mouthin coaches on a catholic team were standard issue......

Booger just sayin :eek:

The word in the press box was that it's feared FRHS junior QB D.C. Tabscott suffered a torn ACL in his left knee tonight against Germantown. And he had just made a great run on 3rd down on the play where it happened.

If only D.C. had stepped out of bounds there at the Germantown 20. He took a hard/legal hit, one he didn't need to take.