Father Ryan

PurpleReign74

5 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

Spot on assessment.  And with Libscomb cheaper than everyone in the area ($5-$15k), a former NFL QB as coach, and new facilities, “A change is coming”

them Church o Christ better b for changin.......cause that D2-AA to D2-AAA change is comin for sure...and may not b pretty

...that said...outstandin for all them folks and childrens over there at LA.....thats awesome and facilities r to b envied....at least by Booger.....

.....they got any southern rockers or rappers scheduled to hit the stage for sum of those friday concerts

Booger just sayin :twisted:

2 hours ago, Booger said:

them Church o Christ better b for changin.......cause that D2-AA to D2-AAA change is comin for sure...and may not b pretty

...that said...outstandin for all them folks and childrens over there at LA.....thats awesome and facilities r to b envied....at least by Booger.....

.....they got any southern rockers or rappers scheduled to hit the stage for sum of those friday concerts

Booger just sayin :twisted:

Sheryl Crowe was the first concert.  This is Nashville so I assume they will have other big names.  I doubt southern rockers or rappers....this is still Libscomb...college had hit squads for years that checked local bars to make sure no students were there.  I’ll just have my beverage in the car and listen to the radio!

On 9/14/2019 at 3:26 PM, PurpleReign74 said:

After watching this team closely the last few years, it is obvious they are poorly coached and undisciplined.

1) Offense is vanilla and predictable.  They  have a top 15 QB (pro-style, pocket passer) that looks below average on the field.  They give him no easy throws to get on track.  The OC’s favorite play is a long fade or post that everyone knows is coming.  They were 0fer at least 8 on this play last night.  This play is called despite being athletically outmatched.

2) Last week they averaged more than 1 penalty per possession.  Direct reflection of coaching.

3) This week, critical 2nd half touchdown pass by JP2 and FR D didn’t even attempt to chase the receiver.  

4) More on offense...They have a 6’4” 200+ senior TE (looks like most athletic player on team) who can catch who is shockingly not involved in the offense.  He has caught a few passes this season, all long crossing patterns.  MLBs blitz most every play because there is no threat of a pass in their zone. 

5) Defense looks confused and uninspired.  I am willing to bet a years Catholic tuition that they don’t watch film. Wait....I happen to know that the coaches didn’t share film with the team this week.  With all their success the last several years, they may be onto something.  Top tier programs take note.  You too can be 1-3 if you don’t watch film.

It has become painful to watch the school that means so much to me and my family.  I hope the decision makers are taking note.  I doubt it though, if they were, the basketball “coach” would have been fired years ago

Sorry Daddy

Edited by ocac

Father Ryan JV team beat JP2 JV 48-8 at JP2.  Team is a good mix of freshmen and sophomores.  They have talent in the school with more on the way.  The feeder club team hasn’t lost a game: this year or last year.  They are beating MBA, BA, Ensworth, CPA, BGA, etc.  The majority of the Father Ryan freshman were on that team.  Since the Ryan JV team hasn’t loss this year, those freshmen don’t know what losing is (until they see the varsity on Friday nights).  While they aren’t playing on Friday’s yet, it gives me hope for the future.  A winning attitude in the locker room has a big impact on the culture of a team.

thinkin it just mite gonna take more than those young men.....that lussier replacement ant seemin to b the answer either.....FR got bout a 1 region win/year avg over the last 10 years......and if it wernt for the Middle State Bishop cup and Hendersonville Catholic...that region win average would b even lower......

....great school and facilities at both.....actually, now that Booger thinkin bout it....all the catholic schools in the state have great facilities.....except ND.....ND has the worse facilities of any Catholic School in the state.....and even lots of PUBs.....and hes does nuthin but win.....cant imagine what he could do if he had those facilities at his fingertips

Booger just sayin :thumb: