West ( 4 - 0 ) at Oak Ridge ( 2 - 2 )

WillieTheWildcats

My heart is with my Wildcats but after seeing West play on TV a few weeks ago, my head is with West. They have way more athletes, way more speed, and way more size than OR. The team with the best players usually wins, and West has quite a collection of fast and big athletes, not to mention three SEC prospects.

9 minutes ago, bonkers said:

My heart is with my Wildcats but after seeing West play on TV a few weeks ago, my head is with West. They have way more athletes, way more speed, and way more size than OR. The team with the best players usually wins, and West has quite a collection of fast and big athletes, not to mention three SEC prospects.

West has 2 Arkansas commits, not 3.  West defense is terrific as usual, but this year they have a good qb and a very balanced and efficient offense to go with that defense.  It will be tough sledding for the Cats. Best team we've played so far by a bunch.  

9 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

West has 2 Arkansas commits, not 3.  West defense is terrific as usual, but this year they have a good qb and a very balanced and efficient offense to go with that defense.  It will be tough sledding for the Cats. Best team we've played so far by a bunch.  

I think they also have an A&M commit, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. 

I’ve also noticed that in previous years, West tends to self destruct and has problems with discipline. They argue with each other, with coaches and refs. I haven’t seen any of that this year. They really seem to play really well, they are focused and disciplined. I think this has been a difference maker for them. They always have talent and frequently are the more talented team on the field but this year they seem to be putting it all together. 

5 hours ago, bonkers said:

After watching our game all week and knowing what I know about West, OR has one player who could start on their team and that's it! But I still hope we can find a way to beat them.

This will give me nightmares tonight. Are you sure Galloway, Adams and Johnson all couldn't start for West?

Somehow, we will find a way to win.

• Upvote 1

UPSET SPECIAL # 2....The Wildcats were predicted to lose to Farragut by the Knoxville News-Sentinel and 5StarPrep. Guess what really happened? Oak Ridge 21    Farragut  14!

Now, they doubt OR again!  Knoxville N-S....West  27   Oak Ridge  16.  5StarPrep has West by 3 points.

What should we do? I will tell you what we should do...

* WIN! Oak Ridge has got this!

** # 14 is saying practices this week are going good. It is always a positive when one of the team leaders is willing to step up and be positive.

*** Coach Gaddis said the team came out of the Farragut game healthy.

**** Depth is growing each week as more players are getting playing time. A freshmen played 35 snaps against the Ads. More work in this area needs to be done, though.

NOW, I HAVE A RANT.... I was out of town the first part of this week. I could read the Boards but not respond. I read some posts from Sunday that said nobody thought Oak Ridge would win against Farragut. Heck, I picked Oak Ridge 17 - 3. I also posted during halftime of the game that Oak Ridge had got this one.

RANT OVER, time to crawl back into the Bubble Bath.

Edited by WillieTheWildcats
  • Like 1