West ( 4 - 0 ) at Oak Ridge ( 2 - 2 )

WillieTheWildcats

Just now, SweetScience said:

Why can't he play both? Put him in the backfield some, end of story. Doesn't mean you have to stop playing him @ wideout. This isn't rocket science.

I'm not following the gist though. No receiver threats other than Romano or Johnson. Best rb is jackson. Put Romano and Jackson in the backfield together. Dont you double Johnson and put 8 or 9 people in the box versus that?

I was SHOCKED when I looked up and saw a 14-7 score in the third quarter because West should have dominated the game.  The OR defense battled but the offense lacks any real punch other than Jackson. But the OR was going against the best defense they'll see all season, mark it down. OR must get the ball to Jackson 15-20 times a game, Johnson 10 times a game, Romano 10 times a game, and Stewart a few times. There is no speed there but that's the best OR has.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Why can't he play both? Put him in the backfield some, end of story. Doesn't mean you have to stop playing him @ wideout. This isn't rocket science.

Having him as mainly a WR sure didn't help jack  bleep tonight.He is a good high school WR but no doubt about it a better RB.Both seems like the easy choice

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CatskerS said:

I'm not following the gist though. No receiver threats other than Romano or Johnson. Best rb is jackson. Put Romano and Jackson in the backfield together. Dont you double Johnson and put 8 or 9 people in the box versus that?

We are in a quandary, ain't we? Haha. Like I said in an earlier post, we just don't have a lot of offensive weapons this year, so we have what we have. Man, it was nice to have Pendergrass, Booker, and Graham to bail us out last year, wasn't it? Those fellers could take it to the house at any given moment. Probably the most offensive talent on one team we have had since 05 last year. It's a shame we let Catholic come back in that game last year because I thought with that talent we had a legit chance to win it all. Oh well, what might have been......

20 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Oak Ridge fought hard for as long as they could but West wore them down. This season is not over by a long shot. We can and should finish third in the Region and then who knows what will happen.

Heck of a lot of work to be done but if they Cats want to do it good things can still happen. RWR!

Your right and I give the kids and coaches credit for never quitting.No matter what they keep playing hard and go back to work

• Like 1

I think Oak Ridge played hard, but simply got out athleted.  West made a couple of big plays, got and kept the lead with its good defense and that was it. Oak Ridge looked a lot better than they looked it Weeks one and two, they just don't have the burners like last year to win games like this, West is a very solid team, especially on defense, they are hard to score on and if they get you on your end of the field you are staying there, Poor starting field position bothered Oak Ridge most of the night, they just couldn't sustain drives against the West defense,  Will be a very interesting matchup when West plays Powell. Oak Ridge needs to hang in there and win Region games, and hopefully get a playoff spot.  More speed next year as some very good freshman will be sophomores and Robertsville should send some good players up too. 

2 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

I think Oak Ridge played hard, but simply got out athleted.  West made a couple of big plays, got and kept the lead with its good defense and that was it. Oak Ridge looked a lot better than they looked it Weeks one and two, they just don't have the burners like last year to win games like this, West is a very solid team, especially on defense, they are hard to score on and if they get you on your end of the field you are staying there, Poor starting field position bothered Oak Ridge most of the night, they just couldn't sustain drives against the West defense,  Will be a very interesting matchup when West plays Powell. Oak Ridge needs to hang in there and win Region games, and hopefully get a playoff spot.  More speed next year as some very good freshman will be sophomores and Robertsville should send some good players up too. 

I agree with everything you said.We just need to keep getting better 

7 hours ago, CatskerS said:

Defines to me what/why running up the middle in pistol is bad? Didn't West High do that? What would any WR have done against that squad tonight? Stewart may run a 5.2 fourty so not sure what that would accomplish  ?

It’s not about what speed he runs it’s about using your athletes you know sort of like Fulton has done in their previous victorious years! You throw fade routes up for jump balls like Trevor Lawrence does for Clemson 50/50 balls! I like Stewart to out jump 12 every time. Stewart doesn’t drop a lot of balls plus he’s an athlete basketball player as well. He will win that match up if Qb makes accurate throws! And pistol for one our line isn’t the best so of course a pistol is no good already starts running back in a disadvantage!  West ran it but also had had two different style running backs switching it up with motion of receivers! You could easily see the difference in play calls! EASILY! Oak ridge needs a change on offense badly! We never ran that formation bringing 85 in as an extra blocker only having 2 receivers all year!! Trust me

Edited by Elitesports4

7 hours ago, CatskerS said:

No because realistically he’s a running back! Plus you add 24 and 17 at receiver who are good to me! You jet sweep 17 speedster and use motion to mix it up! Play action package as well faking to one other can go out for routes. Also can motion Romano to the slot. Have you watched Powell play it’s a a great redzone offense 3 for Powell has had a field day catching out of the. Backfield 

Edited by Elitesports4