Mitchell vs Fairley

vandyfan1

Just now, Tide21 said:

How do we know his intentions were noble ?  Maybe he did it for self advancement. I mean you win gold balls and you get better job opportunities. There is no way to know his intentions were noble. 

You're right. No way for YOU to know that. If you label him a cheat and whatever else derogatory that comes with it, then that helps with the demonizing of the man after the facts have been presented. 

That's the way isn't it? He changed the grades, he must be a horrible person if he did that.

7 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

His intentions was for his own benefit.

That's what you think. So, it helps to demonize him. He cheated, and regardless of the facts presented, he's a bad person 

I understand your POV. You understand mine.

Edited by kwc

1 minute ago, kwc said:

You're right. No way for YOU to know that. If you label him a cheat and whatever else derogatory that comes with it, then that helps with the demonizing of the man after the facts have been presented. 

That's the way isn't it? He changed the grades, he must be a horrible person if he did that.

Cheating for a child/ young adult teaches them cheating is ok. You lead by example. Cheating to gain advancement Is wrong on many levels 

55 minutes ago, kwc said:

The enrollment issues were dealt with as well. Which is a dumb argument anyway. Schools get money for rear-ended in a seat. No administrator is going to lie about numbers and lose money! Are you serious?

The point made in the highlighted sentence is the key. The investigations regarding changing grades and other allegations were not concerned with TSSAA rules and regulations. Apparently TSSAA was only concerned with what other investigations revealed, because they conducted none of their own, other than to obtain what was self reported by Trezevant at first, then Shelby County... see the board minutes. One of the administrators in our system was intrigued enough by the hullaballoo that he compared the enrollment number provided to TSSAA by their administration against the number provided to obtain money for rear-ends in seats, and they did not match. I fully intended to let sleeping dogs lie, but this keeps surfacing, and you keep replacing Teli White on the pedestal every time someone questions his morals or intentions. Before you begin with "show me the proof" and "he was exonerated"... find out if it matters to you for yourself. I didn't personally check, I accepted the word of the man that did as fact, so crucify me if you wish, but if it matters to you, it's there for the finding. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

The point made in the highlighted sentence is the key. The investigations regarding changing grades and other allegations were not concerned with TSSAA rules and regulations. Apparently TSSAA was only concerned with what other investigations revealed, because they conducted none of their own, other than to obtain what was self reported by Trezevant at first, then Shelby County... see the board minutes. One of the administrators in our system was intrigued enough by the hullaballoo that he compared the enrollment number provided to TSSAA by their administration against the number provided to obtain money for rear-ends in seats, and they did not match. I fully intended to let sleeping dogs lie, but this keeps surfacing, and you keep replacing Teli White on the pedestal every time someone questions his morals or intentions. Before you begin with "show me the proof" and "he was exonerated"... find out if it matters to you for yourself. I didn't personally check, I accepted the word of the man that did as fact, so crucify me if you wish, but if it matters to you, it's there for the finding. 

Tradertwo:

I have no reason to discount what your guy discovered. However, there is an investigative report done by an outraged DA's office that had no ties to Shelby County Schools that showed their findings. The TSSAA did what they do.

I'm going with the documented exhaustive report done by an agency that does investigations as their MO. Anything else is irrelevant. 

Like I said earlier. I'm cool with everyone's interpretation of the facts. However, when I walk in the room and the facts, as represented by the DAs office are misrepresented, I'm going to speak up and present the FACTS against hearsay Everytime. You can debate me with 'he said, she said' as your form of evidence if you wish. You can wink your eye at your neighbor and declare "I'm not a Hater" all you wish, but in the end there is an exhaustive, thorough, distinct, and conclusive report done by a professional agency that investigates as a mode of operandi, that is public for everyone to read. If you read that and still think otherwise, well ... you know the rest. If you haven't read it, then you should. If you haven't read it, and don't care to read it, yet you want to continue to ... you know what ... whatever makes you folks happy, or content, or "fill in the blank".

Anybody wanna talk 2A football in 2019, or what?

Edited by kwc

18 hours ago, Tide21 said:

? So whats the different approach ?  Are you and him friends ? 

I spoke with Teli after the 2016 Win and I have seen him here and there. More importantly I had a frat brother on his staff for BOTH title wins... It was nice to see those North Memphis folks get both of those Gold Balls! I hope Whitehaven can pull a repeat one day soon!

OH MY BAD. You were referencing Gene... I was on the staff his senior year at Whitehaven. We used him a little bit in our WR group in the playoffs. He's always been a bright kid and he should be the favorite out of the West to make it to Cookeville! I hate Fairley but I definitely think this is Gene's time to shine. As long as he can navigate the bad calls he should get his team to Cookeville.

Edited by BlackHavenSenator