Southwind at Kirby

kwc

Kirby is 3-0 on the season with victories over Hillcrest, Bolivar, and Brighton. All shout-outs. Southwind is currently 2-2 on the season. Two wins against Independence (MS), and Munford. Two losses to Collierville and Center Hill. 

The passing attack vs ground & pound. Whom do you say wins?

Edited by kwc

15 hours ago, kwc said:

Kirby is 3-0 on the season with victories over Hillcrest, Bolivar, and Brighton. All shout-outs. Southwind is currently 2-2 on the season. Two wins against Independence (MS), and Munford. Two losses to Collierville and Center Hill. 

The passing attack vs ground & pound. Whom do you say wins?

Is Kirby the passing team or ground and pound?   They seem to be setting themselves up to be a big team from Memphis but here in the mid-state we don’t get the details.  

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

Is Kirby the passing team or ground and pound?   They seem to be setting themselves up to be a big team from Memphis but here in the mid-state we don’t get the details.  

Kirby is the passing team. The Kirby HC, coach Flowers, is an ex-Whitehaven coach. I think he's an alum as well, I'm not certain. Anyway, when he was at the Haven he coaches WRs. Our WRs were top shelf under his tutalag. I've discovered he is also very adept at developing QBs.

As a result of having a strong passing game, his teams also usually have a RB that just shreds defenses. This year is no exception.

To boot, their defense is keeping folks out of the end zone, so far. They have a DE who is going to Ark State, but he turned down some SEC schools in the process. I think that was a smart move on his behalf.

Edited by kwc

52 minutes ago, kwc said:

Kirby is the passing team. The Kirby HC, coach Flowers, is an ex-Whitehaven coach. I think he's an alum as well, I'm not certain. Anyway, when he was at the Haven he coaches WRs. Our WRs were top shelf under his tutalag. I've discovered he is also very adept at developing QBs.

As a result of having a strong passing game, his teams also usually have a RB that just shreds defenses. This year is no exception.

To boot, their defense is keeping folks out of the end zone, so far. They have a DE who is going to Ark State, but he turned down some SEC schools in the process. I think that was a smart move my on his behalf.

The only problem with Kirby is the lack of competition. You have to schedule tough opponents if you want to make a deep run. Easy teams dont tell you what you need to work on. It's still impressive to have 3 shutouts but freaking play somebody!!

20 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

The only problem with Kirby is the lack of competition. You have to schedule tough opponents if you want to make a deep run. Easy teams dont tell you what you need to work on. It's still impressive to have 3 shutouts but freaking play somebody!!

I agree. Play somebody so your team knows. The Munford shutout is impressive though. 

We will see this up and coming Friday. SW is an old fashioned team. They will test Kirby's resolve.

Edited by kwc
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kwc said:

To boot, their defense is keeping folks out of the end zone, so far. They have a DE who is going to Ark State, but he turned down some SEC schools in the process. I think that was a smart move on his behalf.

Thanks for the info.  I will be keeping an eye on them.