2011 (0-10)

2012 (2-8)

2013 (4-6) 

2014 (7-4) ***Playoffs***

2015 (4-7) ***Playoffs*** 

2016 (1-9)

2017 (2-8) 

2018 (4-7) ***Playoffs*** 

Lets Look at the past. 3 winning seasons over the last 18 years.... This to me looks like like its not a players ordeal, but it looks like its the High Achy and Community! Hopefully things can change for the Dragons. Because I do feel like this is a good job that can be GREAT!   

Except for the 11-1 season I thought I was looking at William Blount's worksheet except the thread isn't a mile long with two or three delusional people.

6 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I can understand things taking a while during a rebuild of a program but I'm curious why Jim Gaylor was so successful there while others haven't been.

45876-1386597220796-7817436-n.jpg

Simple. He had better players. I haven’t seen many Scotty Whitt’s, Jermaine Shepherd’s, or Bam Weaver’s running around Clinton lately. The talent pool @ Clinton has been dried up for awhile now. Also, Gaylor didn’t have to worry about kids transferring to other schools like Grace, Catholic, AC, Halls, and the list goes on. He kept Clinton kids @ Clinton. A coach is only as good as the talent that surrounds him.

Edited by SweetScience

6 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Simple. He had better players. I haven’t seen many Scotty Whitt’s, Jermaine Shepherd’s, or Bam Weaver’s running around Clinton lately. The talent pool @ Clinton has been dried up for awhile now. Also, Gaylor didn’t have to worry about kids transferring to other schools like Grace, Catholic, AC, Halls, and the list goes on. He kept Clinton kids @ Clinton. A coach is only as good as the talent that surrounds him.

That seems legit. The private schools are going to attract most families that are trying to escape due to poorly run public systems which are more than not. That makes sense because most of these places didn't pop up until after Gaylor was gone. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SweetScience said:

It was more entertaining when we disagreed and argued all the time, but I must say, you are exactly correct on this point.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 11:50 PM, Frontman said:

He doesn’t seem to have the recruiting magic he had at gca. 

Kids don't want to play in a wing T offense.  He would get a lot more players if he got rid of the 1964 offense.  Watched some film on them this year, and when they go to there 2 min offense (spread) they actually move the ball really well, and complete passes for big plays.......then they go back to the wing T.......terrible! 

4 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

Watched some film on them this year, and when they go to there 2 min offense (spread) they actually move the ball really well, and complete passes for big plays.......then they go back to the wing T.......terrible! 

I've been saying this since he's been at Clinton. They get yards in the spread against just about everyone...

It's frustrating but at the end of the day, it's high school football, I didn't go to Clinton, and I don't have a kid on the team yet so... Though, a winning season would be great.

• Upvote 1

I've been patient with McKamey and I still think he's a very good coach, but that being said, if he sees that something isn't working....swallow your pride and install an offense that will. It's that simple. Well, it's that simple to me anyway. 

Do what you need to do to put some points on the board and be more competitive before you lose the kids you have and the younger up and coming players. 

1 minute ago, 92Dragon said:

I've been patient with McKamey and I still think he's a very good coach, but that being said, if he sees that something isn't working....swallow your pride and install an offense that will. It's that simple. Well, it's that simple to me anyway.  

Do what you need to do to put some points on the board and be more competitive before you lose the kids you have and the younger up and coming players.  

Agreed, Dragon, if he hasn't lost those kids, he's inching closer and closer. That offense is gawd awful. For it to work at this level, you have to have tremendous blocking up front (and execution), and they just don't have it.

• Upvote 1