Clinton

Opie Shaggnasty

I have to say that I don't think Clinton played that bad but didn't play very well either.  My Godson plays for Powell and I got to see him play tonight and that was a wonderful thing.  I hung out across the way more near to the Clinton side and I have to say that the team and the staff seem to be extremely chaotic.  Coaches yelling obscenities at players, players giving coaches the business.  I even saw multiple times coaches yelling at coaches!  I saw their head coach screaming with a distinct look on his face that you usually see on a man that can't seem to find answers.  I feel bad for him.  I really do.  Folks were telling me about his past tonight and most of it I knew.  Anyways...that's my take.  I'm glad there were no injuries on both sides from what I know.  I hope Clinton bounces back.  I really do.  

bbd46055f5a9e51e1d8c8fa7755e1c00.jpg

31 minutes ago, LG1977 said:

I hung out across the way more near to the Clinton side and I have to say that the team and the staff seem to be extremely chaotic.  Coaches yelling obscenities at players, players giving coaches the business.  I even saw multiple times coaches yelling at coaches!  I saw their head coach screaming with a distinct look on his face that you usually see on a man that can't seem to find answers. 

that,s exackly what i seed to. got a coache whose done lost controle of his teame and staph.  if he don,t do any better soon, them climton folkes will a be ready to tar an feather him an be hittin' me up to borry one of jack@$$es to set him on an run him outta towne. 

Edited by festus

6 hours ago, LG1977 said:

I have to say that I don't think Clinton played that bad but didn't play very well either.  My Godson plays for Powell and I got to see him play tonight and that was a wonderful thing.  I hung out across the way more near to the Clinton side and I have to say that the team and the staff seem to be extremely chaotic.  Coaches yelling obscenities at players, players giving coaches the business.  I even saw multiple times coaches yelling at coaches!  I saw their head coach screaming with a distinct look on his face that you usually see on a man that can't seem to find answers.  I feel bad for him.  I really do.  Folks were telling me about his past tonight and most of it I knew.  Anyways...that's my take.  I'm glad there were no injuries on both sides from what I know.  I hope Clinton bounces back.  I really do.  

When we scrimmaged them before season the HC and DC were going at it.The ref asked another coach to settle them down,i was on chain crew and heard it first hand!No way is this the future of CHS football 

I think Clinton will be ok.  But I do think their HC needs to get some of that chaos under control.  That's the second time I'm hearing about him and his DC going at it.  Hard to be an effective HC when you have too much going on trying to control your coordinator.  It doesn't matter how good a coordinator or a coach is, if it interferes with the HC 's ability to run his football team it's a definite cancer. Then your HC and entire team is handcuffed.  I think I could tell which one was the DC and if I'm right then I can see why they have fought in the past.  If it is who I think it is his body language was terrible.  You could definitely see when he disagreed with any call the HC was making and if you can read lips the words coming from him we're not very kind.  But like I said I think Clinton will be ok.  From what I know about the HC is that he has the ability to make it happen he just needs the support.  He has a lot of decisions coming up in my opinion.  

Clinton is a 5a school playing like there coach wants them as a small 2a private school.  Thats all he knows.  They even look like a 2a team, from size, to numbers of players on the team.  It's almost like they go into each game trying not to lose by 50.  Terrible coaching.  heck they scored on Powell by throwing the ball.......then they go back to the wing T.....LOL  Don't understand?

20 hours ago, LG1977 said:

I have to say that I don't think Clinton played that bad but didn't play very well either.  My Godson plays for Powell and I got to see him play tonight and that was a wonderful thing.  I hung out across the way more near to the Clinton side and I have to say that the team and the staff seem to be extremely chaotic.  Coaches yelling obscenities at players, players giving coaches the business.  I even saw multiple times coaches yelling at coaches!  I saw their head coach screaming with a distinct look on his face that you usually see on a man that can't seem to find answers.  

Yes just more of the same.I guess we know why gca cut him loose.

1 hour ago, gcapride said:

When Randy has the athletes, his offense is a gem to watch. He’ll go WingT, then 4 wide spread, back to WingT all night long and the D can’t adjust. He hasn’t forgotten how to coach in 2 years, that I’m sure of. He’s building the program and that takes time. 

So as long as Randy has athletes he can win, but when he doesn't have athletes he can't win. Ok gotcha.

1 hour ago, haweanbula said:

So as long as Randy has athletes he can win, but when he doesn't have athletes he can't win. Ok gotcha.

Pretty much works that way at every school, doesn’t it? My point is that I don’t see the athletes standing on the sidelines at Clinton right now. 

By by the way, all you “guru’s” :roflol:saying this style of offense doesn’t work at this level, Creasy still runs a ton of WingT at Oakland. I believe the record shows he won the 6A title last year. 

• Upvote 1