Clinton

Opie Shaggnasty

2 hours ago, DragonVol said:

The AD missed several football games for no apparent reason. He has absolutely botched several hired (baseball,football,soccer). Just has no clue what he is doing. It's like UT, when you get a guy that actually cares about the athletic department instead of collecting a check then you will become more successful as a program. Collette is just the AD because he failed as the baseball coach and they had no place else to put him as a tenured teacher.  

I will agree with you that the AD has no clue what he is doing. I will disagree with you on botching hires. Both McKamey and Byrd won at their previous jobs. Both didnt suddenly forget how to coach when they got to Clinton. 

Clinton has an administration issue that likely goes all the way to Central Office. Without backing from the administration it creates a culture where it is impossible to win. 

Parents need to let the coaches coach and the administration needs to back the coaches. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dragone said:

I will agree with you that the AD has no clue what he is doing. I will disagree with you on botching hires. Both McKamey and Byrd won at their previous jobs. Both didnt suddenly forget how to coach when they got to Clinton. 

Clinton has an administration issue that likely goes all the way to Central Office. Without backing from the administration it creates a culture where it is impossible to win. 

Parents need to let the coaches coach and the administration needs to back the coaches. 

What kind of backing is there? Everything points to the fact that Clinton had some average coaches. Is it not the responsibility of the HC to make sure all parties can agree. It is 2019 and everyone has an opinion to any situation. 

I do agree with it starts at Central office then down to Administration then the HC. But, these names that you all speak of have that to fall back on. It’s the parents/administration fault. 

Win football games and run a solid program and give people something to be excited about. 

No dog in the fight but, it sounds like we have great coaching but, everyone else ran them out of town? 

5 minutes ago, LG1977 said:

I was visiting some old friends today and one of them received a message that Rang from GP is in high consideration at Clinton.  In fact he may have already been interviewed.  This was a message from someone that coached there before a few years back and is still a teacher in the school system.  Of course I have no evidence except that what I was told. 

That would be a great hire for Clinton if they could get him. He don't need to stick around GP and never be able to get past Alcoa with what he has to work with there.

30 minutes ago, LG1977 said:

I was visiting some old friends today and one of them received a message that Rang from GP is in high consideration at Clinton.  In fact he may have already been interviewed.  This was a message from someone that coached there before a few years back and is still a teacher in the school system.  Of course I have no evidence except that what I was told. 

Hearing that another job is about to come open that is much more high profile and that he would likely be a very highly desired candidate for. 

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

That would be a great hire for Clinton if they could get him. He don't need to stick around GP and never be able to get past Alcoa with what he has to work with there.

I think leaving GP for Clinton would be a huge mistake. Clinton will never win in their region no matter who the coach is. We simply don't have the athletes to be successful right now. We will never be better than Oak Ridge, Fulton, Powell, and West. I am sorry but people in our town need to be realistic for once.

9 hours ago, Pinocchio007 said:

What kind of backing is there? Everything points to the fact that Clinton had some average coaches. Is it not the responsibility of the HC to make sure all parties can agree. It is 2019 and everyone has an opinion to any situation. 

I do agree with it starts at Central office then down to Administration then the HC. But, these names that you all speak of have that to fall back on. It’s the parents/administration fault. 

Win football games and run a solid program and give people something to be excited about. 

No dog in the fight but, it sounds like we have great coaching but, everyone else ran them out of town? 

Doesn't matter who the coach is when they have zero talent to work with. Plus, who would want a job that 6 head coaches have been forced to resign in the four years that Collette has been the AD.