Clinton

Opie Shaggnasty

3 hours ago, BeachHound said:

Did you watch 2019 stuff?  I don’t think I can post links here because the site is “forbidden.”  The VAST majority was some variation of 30 personnel. I haven’t seen anything yet of them in anything besides these (power sets.) 

I watched the QBs Hudl, I usually do that to figure out what Offense a team runs but perhaps I’m wrong, just going off what I saw. Let’s understand one thing, the quality of football I watched in those clips was ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. Those 2a schools up there would get DESTROYED by most 2a schools around here, I’m talking 28+ points. Now that being said, can’t fault the Coach for the players he had to work with, but still.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I watched the QBs Hudl, I usually do that to figure out what Offense a team runs but perhaps I’m wrong, just going off what I saw. Let’s understand one thing, the quality of football I watched in those clips was ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. Those 2a schools up there would get DESTROYED by most 2a schools around here, I’m talking 28+ points. Now that being said, can’t fault the Coach for the players he had to work with, but still.

It was really bad. Are you watching the Todd Co. QB OR his son in middle school?  It’s going to be interesting for sure. Most 1A in this area destroy western KY 1-3A maybe even 4A by wide margins. 

17 minutes ago, BeachHound said:

It was really bad. Are you watching the Todd Co. QB OR his son in middle school?  It’s going to be interesting for sure. Most 1A in this area destroy western KY 1-3A maybe even 4A by wide margins. 

I would think you are making an assumption based off of one video. I can promise you that your 1A wouldn’t destroy most of those schools by wide margins, especially when a 2A WKY school, Mayfield, destroyed Memphis Lausanne in the opening week of 2019. Todd County played a very bad non-conference schedule. 

18 minutes ago, DLopez said:

I would think you are making an assumption based off of one video. I can promise you that your 1A wouldn’t destroy most of those schools by wide margins, especially when a 2A WKY school, Mayfield, destroyed Memphis Lausanne in the opening week of 2019. Todd County played a very bad non-conference schedule. 

The majority, Mayfield is an outlier. Eastern and central KY dominates the state championships, and that football isn’t quite on the level of east/middle TN ON AVERAGE...  I know KY football very well as I’ve coached in 3 state championships and won 1...

2 minutes ago, BeachHound said:

The majority, Mayfield is an outlier. Eastern and central KY dominates the state championships, and that football isn’t quite on the level of east/middle TN ON AVERAGE...  I know KY football very well as I’ve coached in 3 state championships and won 1...

I misread your previous statement. Outside of a few WKY teams you are correct. Where did you coach at in Ky?

3 hours ago, BeachHound said:

There are positives: 

military man
sounds like a great person in interviews 

talented son (qb)

seems blue collar

Having a talented son as a QB would not have been a real factor.  Even if he's a stud, he'll only be there 4 seasons, and then what?  On top of that, I thought the returning QB was a bright spot for Clinton this past season.  He threw for over 1000yds. and several TD's in 7 games.