Clinton

Opie Shaggnasty

23 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

I'm just an outsider, but it seems to me that at the moment AC and Oak Ridge are much more attractive places to play than Clinton, and until Clinton starts taking athletes from those schools they won't field a better product.

Yeah that won’t happen anytime soon . It’s kind of hard to bring kids in when the visitors side has for fans than us at home games.

26 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

I'm just an outsider, but it seems to me that at the moment AC and Oak Ridge are much more attractive places to play than Clinton, and until Clinton starts taking athletes from those schools they won't field a better product.

Clinton Doesn’t need to start taking athletes from those school. Clinton needs to stop letting kids that should be going to Clinton go to those other school. 

3 hours ago, DLopez said:

Oh ok. Good football there. I’m the DC at Hopkinsville HS currently. 

I’m brutally honest on these forums, so I don’t want to ruffle feathers haha. You’re close enough to Todd county. Is he a good man?  He seems to be, but we all know what interviews can do. If he is, that’s huge. My inclination is to believe it because I don’t know many military men that are scum bags! Haha. Hop town is good ball, few decent programs, but the prestige is dragged down by the bad programs. Mayfield would win in any class in any state, maybe not championships, but win. 

1 hour ago, BeachHound said:

I’m brutally honest on these forums, so I don’t want to ruffle feathers haha. You’re close enough to Todd county. Is he a good man?  He seems to be, but we all know what interviews can do. If he is, that’s huge. My inclination is to believe it because I don’t know many military men that are scum bags! Haha. Hop town is good ball, few decent programs, but the prestige is dragged down by the bad programs. Mayfield would win in any class in any state, maybe not championships, but win. 

He is a good man. Tough, hard-nosed coach. I feel like he will need quality assistants around him because he is stepping up to a much much much tougher level of competition week in and week out. 

He did a good job at Todd County. Got people back interested in that program. It will be interesting to see because he doesn’t have much coaching experience on the HS level for what that’s worth. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DLopez said:

He is a good man. Tough, hard-nosed coach. I feel like he will need quality assistants around him because he is stepping up to a much much much tougher level of competition week in and week out. 

He did a good job at Todd County. Got people back interested in that program. It will be interesting to see because he doesn’t have much coaching experience on the HS level for what that’s worth. 

That is about what I assumed.  Integrity and work ethic go a long way in this business though!

On 12/17/2019 at 3:38 PM, BigTime1950 said:

Lane did the same thing with West and other schools HC jobs he has applied for. He tells the administration he is working on his certification and that it is not a state rule or T$$AA rule that you have to be a certified teacher to be a head football coach in Tennessee. A certain school system might require an applicant to be a certified teacher, but T$$AA does not. Some coaches have gotten a waver from the state to be able to teach while they are getting certified. But l don't know if this is the case. I think the only real state requirement to be a HC of a high school football team is 5 years experience as an assistant and then pass all of the other T$$AA test on concussion/coaching ethics/something. They made these rule changes gradually over the years starting with assistant coaches in the various sports back in the mid 90s l think. These assistant coach positions were categorized as non faculty coaches. They have continued to decrease the requirements to be a head coach. Many other states had lessened the requirements of being a teaching faculty member  to be a head football coach many years ago.

Interesting this is absolutely false. Lane turned the job down.  Love to see that most people who post on here have no idea what’s going on.  He is certified to teach. Not at all what happened. He gained his certification two years ago. 

1 hour ago, Fballlife said:

Interesting this is absolutely false. Lane turned the job down.  Love to see that most people who post on here have no idea what’s going on.  He is certified to teach. Not at all what happened. He gained his certification two years ago. 

If this is true he probably made the right decision. Clinton is just a very hard place to be successful at.

1 hour ago, DragonFan12 said:

From listening to the knew coach yesterday, I feel like he can definitely light up a room when he speaks and seems like a good person. I am very concerned with his actual coaching experience overall and I think this hire was more about his son. 

I went over to bbb12s twitter and found the video. He seems like a genuine good guy. Someone that is a good person that can inspire others can be successful in football despite not having the experience or knowledge. It just requires that person hiring the right individuals to surround themselves with. 

15 minutes ago, haweanbula said:

I went over to bbb12s twitter and found the video. He seems like a genuine good guy. Someone that is a good person that can inspire others can be successful in football despite not having the experience or knowledge. It just requires that person hiring the right individuals to surround themselves with. 

Time will tell but like I’ve said many of times, it doesn’t matter who the coach is if we don’t have the talent to win.