Clinton

Opie Shaggnasty

I wanted to wait until I met the new coach before I gave my opinion. I like him. I think we are going to be just fine.

If what I hear is true, the offensive coordinator he's planning on hiring will be very familiar to Dragon fans. 

We all know his son is coming with him but the word on the street is we may be getting a couple of other pretty decent players as well. 

As far as I'm concerned, this is just a rumor until I see it for myself. 

I believe it's time for the town of Clinton to get behind and support our head coach and his coaching staff 100% and try and turn this program back around to where it used to be.

I believe good things will come if we leave him alone and let him do his job. And definitely give him more than 3 years to do it.

I'll hang up and listen to your comments.

45 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

I wanted to wait until I met the new coach before I gave my opinion. I like him. I think we are going to be just fine.

If what I hear is true, the offensive coordinator he's planning on hiring will be very familiar to Dragon fans. 

We all know his son is coming with him but the word on the street is we may be getting a couple of other pretty decent players as well. 

As far as I'm concerned, this is just a rumor until I see it for myself. 

I believe it's time for the town of Clinton to get behind and support our head coach and his coaching staff 100% and try and turn this program back around to where it used to be.

I believe good things will come if we leave him alone and let him do his job. And definitely give him more than 3 years to do it.

I'll hang up and listen to your comments.

Not sure what players you think he’s gonna bring in with him from KY besides his son.  It’s not like we are a very attracting place to come play football at right now. The community and administration has been the problem for the longest time and any decent coach we get the administration and community runs him out of town. Our biggest problem lately is Collette and little man Snider. Both guys are pushovers and just wanna please the parents. The funniest thing that stuck out to me last night was hearing the coach talk about how the stands are always packed. Not sure what games he’s been watching or who he’s talking to but our community completely turns on our team once they start losing. Everyone treated Randy like gold when he first got the job, we will see how long it takes for them to turn on the new coach. Sorry to be negative but I’m over it all. But I do agree it’s time to have our coaches back and step up as a community bc maybe we’ve been a lot of the problem .

Edited by DragonFan12

16 hours ago, DragonFan12 said:

Not sure what players you think he’s gonna bring in with him from KY besides his son.  It’s not like we are a very attracting place to come play football at right now. The community and administration has been the problem for the longest time and any decent coach we get the administration and community runs him out of town. Our biggest problem lately is Collette and little man Snider. Both guys are pushovers and just wanna please the parents. The funniest thing that stuck out to me last night was hearing the coach talk about how the stands are always packed. Not sure what games he’s been watching or who he’s talking to but our community completely turns on our team once they start losing. Everyone treated Randy like gold when he first got the job, we will see how long it takes for them to turn on the new coach. Sorry to be negative but I’m over it all. But I do agree it’s time to have our coaches back and step up as a community bc maybe we’ve been a lot of the problem .

Alot of the things you said are true! But it is what it is. This is high School football. Why does it have to be so serious? Why is winning so important?  Trust me, I get frustrated when we lose, but the sun rises every Saturday morning and it's a new day. 

I believe some of you parents and fans make this way too personal. There is more to life than football. I believe some of you just didn't like McKamey for what ever reason. I still believe McKamey is a good coach and was turning Clinton around. You all just wouldn't stay off his back and give him the time he needed. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, DragonVol said:

Collette was very high on Rodney Ellison. Since this guys son is a QB and Ellison likes to spread the field and throw it all over the field, this is where I would start my OC search. 

I don't think the new head coach is a big fan of the spread offense. I think he will try and keep it 60% run and 40% pass...but I do know he loves to pound the rock. It also seems like he will adjust his offense around the type of players he has. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

What I've heard about his offensive coordinator is it's a former dragon player. I'm just gonna wait and see if that's true too. 

Just like I heard his son is coming down of course. Supposedly a running back and line backer are coming. But I'll just wait and see if all this pans out.

4 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

I don't think the new head coach is a big fan of the spread offense. I think he will try and keep it 60% run and 40% pass...but I do know he loves to pound the rock. It also seems like he will adjust his offense around the type of players he has. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

What I've heard about his offensive coordinator is it's a former dragon player. I'm just gonna wait and see if that's true too. 

Just like I heard his son is coming down of course. Supposedly a running back and line backer are coming. But I'll just wait and see if all this pans out.

Players coming from Kentucky?  Where are the recruiting finger pointers on this one?  :popcorneater:

(And for the record, the above post is strictly tongue in cheek)  

• 2 weeks later...