Clinton

Opie Shaggnasty

On 12/21/2019 at 6:36 PM, HTV said:

Players coming from Kentucky?  Where are the recruiting finger pointers on this one?  :popcorneater:

(And for the record, the above post is strictly tongue in cheek)  

If these kids want to move from Kentucky to Clinton, more power to them. Be the easier way as opposed to making a “clerical error.”

40 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

If these kids want to move from Kentucky to Clinton, more power to them. Be the easier way as opposed to making a “clerical error.”

So the tongue in cheek part sailed right over your head, then?  

Really. It's time to move on. 

18 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

Yeah Vil remember, “it’s time to move on.” That is unless you bring up the almighty Powell Panthers then he chimes in. It’s either you agree with him or be subject to arguments and name calling. I guess some people are allowed to get away with that kind of stuff on here and some aren’t <_<

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I have been hospitalized once again and was released yesterday.  People I'm warning you don't ever get old!  Anyway I just saw here that a new coach was hired at Clinton and our Central coach has left?  Tell me about this coach from Kentucky...one thing I read is that he is the first black coach the school has ever had.  Is this true?  If so I think that is not only amazing that it's never happened before but I'm truly happy that a town with this sort of history with the Clinton 12 has finally taken this step forward.  I don't say this because I'm black myself, I say this because I think maybe that's what that town needs.  Anyways...tell me about him and I'll hopefully stay healthy enough to see the responses!  

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Djohnson said:

New poster, So what’s in store for us next year? I hate we got AC first game of the season. I just hope the AC head coach shows some class. We will be rebuilding. 

From what I see on social media that the new coach and his assistants are sending out, don't look for AC or anyone to go easy on the Dragons. The material they're sending out indicates that Clinton is going to physically destroy everyone in their path so it doesn't sound like a rebuilding year to me. 

On 2/12/2020 at 9:12 AM, bonkers said:

From what I see on social media that the new coach and his assistants are sending out, don't look for AC or anyone to go easy on the Dragons. The material they're sending out indicates that Clinton is going to physically destroy everyone in their path so it doesn't sound like a rebuilding year to me. 

Yeah, I understand hyping up everything rebranding the program. Those are all good things. but it's all we aren't playing around anymore. we can't wait. Smash mouth football. we are coming for you. we will be more physical than anyone. no team will ever forget us etc.... It's a lot of talking. Hope it goes well for the new coach. Seems like a good man. 

24 minutes ago, haweanbula said:

Yeah, I understand hyping up everything rebranding the program. Those are all good things. but it's all we aren't playing around anymore. we can't wait. Smash mouth football. we are coming for you. we will be more physical than anyone. no team will ever forget us etc.... It's a lot of talking. Hope it goes well for the new coach. Seems like a good man. 

To each his own but since they're talking a lot of discipline over there, it seems like they would start with the coaches keeping their mouths shut, at least until they've done something.  The only thing they've created so far is a lot of bulletin board material for their opponents!

On 2/19/2020 at 1:18 PM, MarsBlackmon said:

Any idea yet what kind of offense and defense this guy will run? I know McKamey was double wing and primarily 4-3 on defense. 

No clue, but all the posts have been about smash mouth football and how no one wants to hit or tackle fullbacks in his interviews i've seen. Based off that I'm expecting Power I. Honestly, I have no clue.

Defense wise they still have the same DC.