Clinton

Opie Shaggnasty

On 6/2/2020 at 4:00 PM, Opie Shaggnasty said:

I just hope he is as good as Andy.

I assume your referencing Andy Shattuck? Not trying to bust your bubble but he went 29-44 in seven seasons at Clinton. Not exactly what I would call a successful tenure. To be honest, the new coach can’t do much worse than what’s already been going on there lol. Btw, his 8th grade son who’s a QB is a stud

• Upvote 1

Coach Keith is a military man, he’s about structure, he’s fun to be around and watch. This weeks practice was impressive, very organized, very well put together, even in the midst of the rules we had to overcome due to coronavirus. The kids look excited, there’s a real energy there, they’re working hard. Our QB’s are looking sharp, the freshman QB is an absolute stud, his personality all the way down to his footwork and power, throwing the ball is amazing for a kid that young. I’m excited to watch them develop. 

• 1 month later...

I love the fact that Coach Keith is a smash mouth type of guy! I'm old school and love this style of play. I've always put a strong importance on defense! With a strong defense, you have a chance to win every game.

I just hope these  kids buy into what he's coaching. I've heard the numbers are down and that doesn't really surprise me when we can't keep a coach longer than 4 years. 

Hopefully, Coach Keith is exactly what Clinton needed. Someone from out of the area and not in with the good ol boy system.

I can't wait to see what Clinton looks like and see this so called "smash mouth style 2020 football team". 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, titansfan said:

The numbers are down. They are down because Keith is holding the kids accountable and requiring discipline. Exactly what CHS needs! I was a fan of McKamey, however the kids did what they wanted. 

I agree. Every team needs discipline first and foremost. I would rather have 50 players that WANT to be there than just to have a huge roster of trouble makers or TOXIC kids.

I'm excited to see how our offense looks under our new offensive coordinator. I'm very excited to have Tony on the staff. I believe he and Coach Keith are exactly what the Dragons needed.