Tyner Rams @ Marion Co.

TynerRamFan

I was expecting the RamTrain to be rolling but was disappointed last night because of the loss to Howard 27-19. Let me be clear, Howard was ready to play and my Rams stumbled especially in the 1st quarter: Howard lead 21-0 due to the 4 fumbles and lack of energy. Ram defense stepped up the remainder of the game and big plays by Ridley, Ryals and Batiste pulled us to 21-19. 

With Tyner driving late in the 4th(red zone) a forward pass was ruled a lateral and Howard picked up the ball and scored. The kids didn't quit but the turnovers came back to haunt us. And by the way, it was the 1st time Howard has ever beaten Tyner in football.

As for the Marion game this Friday, I consider it a toss-up due to both teams losing to its rival. I will see if the kids have a short memory and see how they respond in a hostile environment.

8 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

I was expecting the RamTrain to be rolling but was disappointed last night because of the loss to Howard 27-19. Let me be clear, Howard was ready to play and my Rams stumbled especially in the 1st quarter: Howard lead 21-0 due to the 4 fumbles and lack of energy. Ram defense stepped up the remainder of the game and big plays by Ridley, Ryals and Batiste pulled us to 21-19. 

With Tyner driving late in the 4th(red zone) a forward pass was ruled a lateral and Howard picked up the ball and scored. The kids didn't quit but the turnovers came back to haunt us. And by the way, it was the 1st time Howard has ever beaten Tyner in football.

As for the Marion game this Friday, I consider it a toss-up due to both teams losing to its rival. I will see if the kids have a short memory and see how they respond in a hostile environment.

Howard was a good team I looked up their record bud. No shame in it.

1 hour ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says the Tyner folkes ain’t goin to get responses from the jailhouse kinfolkes. 

Your highly secured and secret email at both the courthouse and the jail are not letting the coach contact you.  email him at   coacht@coacht.com .

Now about this game a very upset Coach Turner is coming to town. 

This is the most important game of the season so far. This game will decide who wins our region. We have already beaten Polk County bad and got a region win. Coach Mathis puts extra emphasis on the region games our kids play. The Pitchburg game could have been different. The very first touchdown they scored should not have counted last week. The ref let the defense move before the ball was snapped and he got back there to our punter. We might not have been able to win because of all their players, but I can guranteee the game would have been much different. We had some fans leave after the first touchdown they scored. That hurts our kids when this happens. If the fans had stayed I know in my heart we would have had a chance in the second half. We had already showed the first time Pitchburg had the ball that we could stop them. Coach Mathis used the new defensive play the first time they had the ball and we held them beautifully. I personally think he wanted to see how good it worked in that game and then saved it for Tyner this week. Coach Mathis and our coaching staff teach our kids how to have integrity, honor, and play with these attributes each game. Our kids played hard the entire game and played with the most honor I can remember in awhile. The Pitchburg players did not seem to play dirty this game so I give them credit for not trying to cheat this year. We have to many fake Warrior fans that do not want to support our team like they should. What do you think that does to our kids when they see people giving up on them? I watched the game until the end. I was there cheering when we scored the touchdown against the South Pittsburg kids that are not seniors. If you want a preview of what next year should look like just watch the last touchdown of the game. Almost all of our players except my main men Drake and Kris will be back next season. Pitchburg will not be so fortunate in that category. With that said I hope Pitchburg does well the rest of the year. This Tyner game should be a very good ball game. Coach Mathis showed vs Polk County what happens in region games when he uses some of his newer plays. It is still a great day to be a warrior. There is nowhere on Earth I had rather be than Jasper, Tennessee. Go Warriors!

FEAR THE WING, FEAR THE SPEED, FEAR THE BEARD, & FEAR THE TEAM!

On 9/15/2019 at 9:28 AM, TynerRamFan said:

No toss up. Tyner wins BIG!!!