Gallatin vs Hillwood (Homecoming)

GWAVE1

I would like to see the days of old when both sides were full of Green Wave fans. Need a huge crowd to get behind these kids.  They have really worked hard to make a name for themselves this year.  Invite an old friend who hasn’t been in a few years to come out and see what all the buzz is about.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cbg said:

The game will not be close and honestly I don't know why Gallatin would even schedule a team like Hillwood.  Step up and play Pearl Cohn  which would be a much better matchup and get your team ready for the playoffs

It a region game that nobody likes just like Glencliff and Hunters Lane.  We don’t schedule these stupid metro teams we just get stuck with them!  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, GWAVE1 said:

It a region game that nobody likes just like Glencliff and Hunters Lane.  We don’t schedule these stupid metro teams we just get stuck with them!  

I know the gates suck, but having a couple of “breathers” on the schedule can be useful. There’s obviously still a game plan, but it’s a nice chance to experiment with different stuff personnel wise and scheme wise. 

15 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

I know the gates suck, but having a couple of “breathers” on the schedule can be useful. There’s obviously still a game plan, but it’s a nice chance to experiment with different stuff personnel wise and scheme wise. 

I agree and this region has plenty of those type teams.   I just do not like the insinuation that Gallatin goes looking for these type of games.  I mean c’mon it does not take very much to figure out it is a region game.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, cbg said:

The game will not be close and honestly I don't know why Gallatin would even schedule a team like Hillwood.  Step up and play Pearl Cohn  which would be a much better matchup and get your team ready for the playoffs

When the TSSAA reclassed for 2017-2020, Gallatin was put in Region 6 5A with Beech, Glencliff, Hillsboro, Hillwood and Hunters Lane, it's as simple as that.  We've never scheduled Hillwood outside of it being a region game.  Those 5 games we have to play, then for the 5 non-region all are one class up in 6A, 2 in county and the other 3 one county over.  We scheduled those because typically they field very competitive teams year in and year out, plus they bring great crowds, which helps offset some of the region schools that don't.

• Like 1