South Gibson @ McNairy.

ManOfMillions

After years of not being able to stop the South Gibson run game, McNairy figured it out last year. Let's see if it carries over to this season. This is the best defense McNairy has faced since the opening game against Hardin County. If SG can get some stops and grind the clock out with the run game, they will be able to keep the McNairy offense off the field. I think more possessions in the game will favor McNairy. Fewer possessions will favor South Gibson.

• ManOfMillions changed the title to South Gibson @ McNairy.

I remember a kid with the last name Yopp playing backer and I called his name at least 12 times last year. That is just for the ones that I saw. No telling how many tackles he actually had. 

The 2 programs have played some real barn burners over the years. I look for another fantastic contest. 

This is another huge region game. 

4 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

I remember a kid with the last name Yopp playing backer and I called his name at least 12 times last year. That is just for the ones that I saw. No telling how many tackles he actually had. 

The 2 programs have played some real barn burners over the years. I look for another fantastic contest. 

He is a tackling machine, sideline to sideline. He broke the school record for tackles in a career friday night or the week before. Had around 85 freshmen year, and over 100 each year of his soph and junior years. On pace for over 100 this year. If he was just a bit bigger, I believe he could get some D1 looks. Great athlete, been starting catcher for Baseball since freshmen year also.

3 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Also, McNairy fans. Did the majority of the front on both sides of the ball come back? I remember last year them pushing us around pretty good. 

I believe we lost 1 from the Oline and 1 or 2 from the Dline. We lost multiple linebackers though. We have had one step up and have a good year and the other kid was a transfer from Aville and I believed he was going to make a huge impact at LB but he has gone down with an injury after the1st game and wont be back until earliest week 8. He's a big athletic kid, heck of a football player. But, he tore ACL freshmen year, tore his ACL in the other knee soph year, and had to sit out last year to heal ACL and the transfer rule.

By watching the Westview/McNairy a couple of weeks ago. I will say that if McNairy doesnt remember how to hit and wrap up it will be a big game for SG. McNairy defensive tackling is terrible against better schools. 

I will say that McNairys defense the way it is I will give SG by 2 TD's. Until they can get better at tackling then the Better schools will win.

19 hours ago, LetMeHearYA said:

He is a tackling machine, sideline to sideline. He broke the school record for tackles in a career friday night or the week before. Had around 85 freshmen year, and over 100 each year of his soph and junior years. On pace for over 100 this year. If he was just a bit bigger, I believe he could get some D1 looks. Great athlete, been starting catcher for Baseball since freshmen year also.

How big is he? 

He must be pretty good athlete and smart if he is the starting catcher for the baseball team as a freshman. That is very very rare. 

2 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

How big is he? 

He must be pretty good athlete and smart if he is the starting catcher for the baseball team as a freshman. That is very very rare. 

He listed at 5'11 205. He just not big enough to play LB at that level and not fast enough to move to Safety in my opinion. He does a really good job of diagnosing plays and attacking. He was talking to some FCS programs at one point. He has a baseball offer.

I think this contest is going to be another classic. 

Hopefully the refs will not have too much of an impact in the contest. I know a few years ago there were some very questionable calls that went against both teams. I have learned not to be as hard on the refs though. It really is a tough job and they can not possibly see everything. 

On 9/16/2019 at 11:29 AM, ManOfMillions said:

SG has a tackling machine as well. I believe #14 still leads west TN in total tackles