BEATING A TEAM IS ALL IN A PLAYERS HEAD!

DBturningitAROUND

The fanbase of schools here in NE TENN are the worse ive very seen.When the good teams headout to face other good teams they have already lost before the bus leaves the parking lot.Anyone that has played sports knows you have a mind set going into a game.But when youre fanbase has you beaten before you get to Friday nite then the players at the first sign of going down a score to a team, the players have the mindset of what the fanebase had already planted in there minds.Ill give it up to Greeneville.They may not have had the most talented team on a Friday,But you knew there mindset was they we're going to fight and give everything they had for 4Qs.Ive never seen somewhere as worse as this than folks building a team up as they do Maryville.Dont get me wrong.To not respect them for what they have done would be foolish.But to make them seem unbeatable is also foolish.And thats why most teams that play them are beaten before they ever take the field.The same with Alcoa.STAND BEHIND YOUR TEAMS AND SCHOOLS NE TENNESSEE!!!..when their own fanebase don't have faith in them,The games are already lost!!

Edited by DBturningitAROUND

10 hours ago, DBturningitAROUND said:

... And thats why most teams that play them are beaten before they ever take the field.The same with Alcoa.STAND BEHIND YOUR TEAMS AND SCHOOLS NE TENNESSEE!!!..when their own fanebase don't have faith in them,The games are already lost!!

Fri Nov. 1 7:30 PM icon-game12.gif Dobyns-Bennett at Alcoa

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Yeah.  Has nothing to do with talent, coaching, and preparation.   :roll:

Bingo....   And the other thing to remember is that NET teams really do not take football seriously.   When Boone is losing a game half the sideline is looking around, up at the stands waving to their girlfriends or whatever...   And that is pretty much true of all other NET teams I have seen over the years.    After a loss, oh well, so what,   hey who's got a party started after the game?!?!?!      Some of you guys are Tim Tebow fans, others probably hate him, but you have to give him this....   The guy has PASSION about his team and about WINNING.    Sure, he cries like a baby after a loss, and guess what, that prompts him to go out the next week and prepare harder than ever.      Now Maryville and Alcoa do not have 75 Tebow's on their teams, but good night at least their guys have some PASSION about it and HATE losing!

And that, friends, is the difference between them and NET teams.

And before somebody responds back.... "WHAT ABOUT GREENEVILLE, HUH???"..... This is a 5A/6A thread, we are talking 5A/6A teams

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:54 PM, DBturningitAROUND said:

The fanbase of schools here in NE TENN are the worse ive very seen.When the good teams headout to face other good teams they have already lost before the bus leaves the parking lot.Anyone that has played sports knows you have a mind set going into a game.But when youre fanbase has you beaten before you get to Friday nite then the players at the first sign of going down a score to a team, the players have the mindset of what the fanebase had already planted in there minds.Ill give it up to Greeneville.They may not have had the most talented team on a Friday,But you knew there mindset was they we're going to fight and give everything they had for 4Qs.Ive never seen somewhere as worse as this than folks building a team up as they do Maryville.Dont get me wrong.To not respect them for what they have done would be foolish.But to make them seem unbeatable is also foolish.And thats why most teams that play them are beaten before they ever take the field.The same with Alcoa.STAND BEHIND YOUR TEAMS AND SCHOOLS NE TENNESSEE!!!..when their own fanebase don't have faith in them,The games are already lost!!

Well,as and old Greene Devil who had a couple of sons that went to DB,I'll have to say this. Most of the time I've tried to write on here giving Dobyns Bennett a chance to win every game.When my middle son was a senior at DB ,they were 5-5 and getting ready to travel down to play Maryville in the first round.Two of their best offensive linemen were either hurt or out for the game.Their bread and butter on offense was a running back " Chris S " and he was out for the game,so DB had a 9th grader making his first start at that position.Maryville wasn't a bad team either,they would go to the state finals that year { shocking }.SO, I still wrote in a positive way before the game was played just for the players.I'm not going to lie however.When I watched my son walk off the practice field the day before that game with Big Ty,I knew there was no way in hail I would ever see him play another high school game after Maryville. I think it was 40-0 and that was only because of everything else to do with Maryville football,they are just a class program and didn't run up the score. As a football parent ,I know it made a lot of parents and fans mad to see band parents and supporters get up after halftime and walk out..Well,I liked it a lot of times myself because it gave me a better view and if they didn't care no more then that,I didn't want them sitting around me anyway.Yes,I cleaned up the last line before I finished writing it.