Henry County at Clarksville High

MSURacer

17 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Figured I’d get this one started. 

I know it’s only week 5, but this is probably the region 7 championship game. 

@Pilgrim and @Kevin38 how are the cats looking this year? Heard they have an experienced defense. 

I’ll make a prediction later. 

Cant wait to see film on this bunch! Early thoughts are we will be fine but I wont make a prediction until Thursday.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Figured I’d get this one started. 

I know it’s only week 5, but this is probably the region 7 championship game. 

@Pilgrim and @Kevin38 how are the cats looking this year? Heard they have an experienced defense. 

I’ll make a prediction later. 

1 hour ago, OmahaPatriot said:

Speaking of freshman quarterbacks, Clarksville High starts one as well. I see our defense giving him a Haywood type game. He’s going to be in for a rude awakening this week. Not to mention their issues on special teams, especially on punt team. I like the Patriots big in this one.

Their defense is fairly stout, we had trouble running the ball but were still getting our feet under us offensively at the time and our line is pretty small...

They do have a huge line on both sides, 2 D1 players with plenty offers (300 pounders), and the freshman QB is pretty good, strong arm and accurate, they were switching him out with the senior QB who is a better runner, not sure if they still are...

They have the talent player wise to play with ya'll but I think ya'll are in their heads, they just can't seem to get it together against HC, for that reason I say HC wins by at least 3 scores.. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

Their defense is fairly stout, we had trouble running the ball but were still getting our feet under us offensively at the time and our line is pretty small...

They do have a huge line on both sides, 2 D1 players with plenty offers (300 pounders), and the freshman QB is pretty good, strong arm and accurate, they were switching him out with the senior QB who is a better runner, not sure if they still are...

They have the talent player wise to play with ya'll but I think ya'll are in their heads, they just can't seem to get it together against HC, for that reason I say HC wins by at least 3 scores.. 

Just in my opinion their freshman QB is not even close to Brentwoods QB! We held him to 109 yards passing or something close to that. Brentwood had I believe 3 guys on defense named to 6A preseason team. We will be fine. They havent seen a team like HC all season. We have 3 opponents that we have faced that would wipe the floor with Clarksville High!

The more I think about it, the more I could see somewhat of a letdown game for the Pats. Coming off two big wins at home, now back to the road where we’re 0-2 so far this season. I don’t think there’s any chance at all we lose this game, but the score might be a little closer than most think, including myself. My original thought was 42-10. But I could also see a 28-13 game. Regardless, I don’t think the CHS offense has much luck against our defense. I just don’t see them scoring 14 or more.

22 hours ago, PatriotNation said:

Just in my opinion their freshman QB is not even close to Brentwoods QB! We held him to 109 yards passing or something close to that. Brentwood had I believe 3 guys on defense named to 6A preseason team. We will be fine. They havent seen a team like HC all season. We have 3 opponents that we have faced that would wipe the floor with Clarksville High!

Yeah in no shape or form do I believe their freshman QB is as good as Brentwood's much more experienced QB, in fact I believe he's better than he showed last Friday, but Clarksville has size and good athletes, having said that they lose 42-7 this week.....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

Yeah in no shape or form do I believe their freshman QB is as good as Brentwood's much more experienced QB, in fact I believe he's better than he showed last Friday, but Clarksville has size and good athletes, having said that they lose 42-7 this week.....

Yeah we have seen good size all year and good athletes! :D