Wilson Central (4-0) at Mt. Juliet (1-2)

steelcityroller

This is a game that will answer many questions.

Wilson Central is off to a hot start at 4-0 with wins over Springfield, Overton, Rossview and Antioch. But they are facing a different challenge this week. So we will find out this week how good Wilson Central is gonna be this year. They have already hypothetically clinched a playoff spot with a win over Rossview (because they should easily beat Station Camp).

Mt. Juliet hasn't gotten off to the start they would have liked after the last several years success. The bad news is that they are having problems on offense. They have only scored 38 points in the first 3 games. The good news is that they have only allowed 33 points in the first 3 games. Also its very possible that they have already played the 3 hardest games on their schedule.

I think Mt. Juliet gets back on track this week and keeps their current 10-year winning streak over Wilson Central alive.

Mt. Juliet 35

Wilson Central 14

5 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

This is a game that will answer many questions.

Wilson Central is off to a hot start at 4-0 with wins over Springfield, Overton, Rossview and Antioch. But they are facing a different challenge this week. So we will find out this week how good Wilson Central is gonna be this year. They have already hypothetically clinched a playoff spot with a win over Rossview (because they should easily beat Station Camp).

Mt. Juliet hasn't gotten off to the start they would have liked after the last several years success. The bad news is that they are having problems on offense. They have only scored 38 points in the first 3 games. The good news is that they have only allowed 33 points in the first 3 games. Also its very possible that they have already played the 3 hardest games on their schedule.

I think Mt. Juliet gets back on track this week and keeps their current 10-year winning streak over Wilson Central alive.

Mt. Juliet 35

Wilson Central 14

Should I be worried if it’s Wilson Central? Well if it’s based on a ten year trend then probably not.... anyways right now Mount Juliet couldn’t score if their opponent was blindfolded. Whether it was against good competition or not, there’s no excuse we go and get under 100 yards of offense versus Gallatin. The same Gallatin team that let up 250+ yards to Lebanon. That’s a bad coaching job if you ask me, but like 98.9 Wilson county said it best, when you’re everyone’s “Super Bowl” games aren’t going to come easy. Coaching, blocking, finding lanes, throwing the ball (having a one dimensional QB that isn’t even accurate doesn’t help) accurately, and just overall execution have to improve. Otherwise this season is shot before it even got started. Luckily our defense is great, especially for how undersized it is. I see this game being closer than it needs to be unless we can find some solid play calling and execution.

I think Mt Juliet gets the win this week and it probably will not be close.   I am not sold on the competition that Wilson Central has faced.  My Juliet needs to get more production from the passing game were there is a mismatch.  If Wilson Central finds a way to win that will set up a huge match with Gallatin next week.  

5 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Should I be worried if it’s Wilson Central? Well if it’s based on a ten year trend then probably not.... anyways right now Mount Juliet couldn’t score if their opponent was blindfolded. Whether it was against good competition or not, there’s no excuse we go and get under 100 yards of offense versus Gallatin. The same Gallatin team that let up 250+ yards to Lebanon. That’s a bad coaching job if you ask me, but like 98.9 Wilson county said it best, when you’re everyone’s “Super Bowl” games aren’t going to come easy. Coaching, blocking, finding lanes, throwing the ball (having a one dimensional QB that isn’t even accurate doesn’t help) accurately, and just overall execution have to improve. Otherwise this season is shot before it even got started. Luckily our defense is great, especially for how undersized it is. I see this game being closer than it needs to be unless we can find some solid play calling and execution.

Sounds like you need to call the offense.

I went to both the Lebanon and Gallatin game and thought the same thing... MJ's running game is pretty good and passing game is there, but execution is lacking.  Looked like vs Gallatin there was a lot of dropped balls.  It is also hard to start backed up and claw your way out which seemed to happen a few times vs Gallatin. It is funny to see peoples different opinions on here.  You saw a bad offensive performance where I saw a great defensive game on both sides.  Minus one bad play the game might still be going the way both of those defenses were playing.  

Saying all that, this is always a great atmosphere game ever since my son played back in the day.  Don't know much about Central other than record, but they always play against MJ hard.  

8 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Everybodys "Super Bowl"?! Beat that chest a little harder if thats possible. You might make me believe you.

1 hour ago, GoPats2019 said:

I didn't realize Mt. Juliet was on the Maryville, Oakland & Whitehaven level. Thanks for clearing things up. 

Man, Oakland fans are quick to forget that MJ is the best team they have seen in well over a year. Narrowly escaped last year by 7, and one of your TD's was a MJ turnover inside their own 10. But yeah, they're never any good....lol.