Hendersonville (2-2) at Lebanon (2-2)

steelcityroller

On 9/17/2019 at 8:50 AM, CommandoBlood100 said:

Interested to see how Hendersonville bounces back after last week. Historically, the Commandos struggle after a loss to beech. It’s been like that for as long as I can remember. I especially worry about this one because it was in a game they literally gave away.

Hopefully the coaches can get them to move forward with 100% focus on Lebanon. I think you learn a lot about this Hville team this week.

This is a great point. Interested to see if there is any hangover from the way that one played out. 

28 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

He was there for the 2017 & 2018 seasons I believe

I’m not trying to be argumentative, but two years as a HC is a limited body of work as well. That could have been the best two year run of athletes in school history.  I think two years in is still too early to tell a lot about any HC. With that said, what I have seen on film, he has the kids believing and playing at a different level than I have seen in the last few years.  There’s still a lot to learn about him, his staff and where this program is/is going.  

Then there is the question of the ineligible player. I have no dog in that fight, but I’ve been told both that he knew and that he didn’t. I don’t believe it’s true, but if so I would be concerned.

Anyway, we need to leave this topic alone here, as it’s the wrong thread.  Lol

Back to this thread... I believe Hendersonville shows they’re better than what people think  

10 hours ago, firstandgoal said:

Both teams with two losses against solid competition. Both with two wins over bad to decent competition. This game is a true separator for the inside track to that #2 seed in 4-6A come playoff time.

Coach Gentry, staff, and players have been steadily building since he got the job. 5-6 year one, 8-3 year two. The jury is still out on if forward momentum will continue this season. Back in August coach made a comment I believe on Tate Mathews’ show that progress for him this year would be Lebanon hosting a 1st round playoff game. Hasn’t happened since 2004 I believe. Tonight will go a long way towards determining if that’s possible this year. 

They are already 2-2 with Hendersonville, Beech, Stewarts Creek, Wilson Central and Rossview all still left on the schedule. The odds are them continuing forward momentum and doing better than 8-3 this year is very slim IMO.

Especially considering that they took a big step back this year on offense and lost two D1 players on both sides of the ball.

I expect them to go 5-6 or 6-5 this year.

Hendersonville 13

Lebanon 7

Halftime

Hendersonville has moved the ball quite well but made mistakes on both sides of the ball. #8 for Hendersonville is a handful and a hitter but keeps making dumb mistakes.

Lebanon scored on a long touchdown run by backup running back #20 who I've been saying needs to get more touches for Lebanon.

On 9/16/2019 at 10:46 PM, eers said:

I guess we’ll see. 

Not sure what level MJ is on at 1-2... and at this point, I would still pick Hendersonville over Gallatin. I mean I can’t ask for more... I get to hate on MJGOLDENBEARS and Gallatin in the same response. 

Crow. Eat it. Now. 

On 9/16/2019 at 5:38 PM, eers said:

Hendersonville is much better than the 2-2 record and a blowout to Oakland indicate. I don’t think this will be very close. 

Hendersonville by 3 scores. 

Crow. Eat it. Now.