Hendersonville (2-2) at Lebanon (2-2)

steelcityroller

We have a region matchup here with two teams that seemingly have taken a step back from last season. But a home playoff spot and/or region championship could very well be on the line in this game.

Lebanon comes into this game at 2-2 after barely escaping Lavergne with a 28-27 victory despite having a 28-7 lead in the 3rd quarter. They have a stout defense but are struggling on offense. A loss in this game would pretty much end their chance at a home playoff game and have them needing to beat Wilson Central and Rossview to get into the playoffs. They would also still have Beech and Stewarts Creek on the schedule.

Hendersonville comes into this game at 2-2 after barely losing to Beech 18-17. I don't know much about Hendersonville aside from that they lost alot of starters from last season. We will find out more about them in comparison to the region in this game. Hendersonville needs this win especially with Independence, Wilson Central, Gallatin, Rossview and Mt. Juliet as the remaining games.

The last two years this game has come down to the wire with both teams swapping wins.

I don't know much about Hendersonville. But I don't think that Lebanon's offense can do enough to beat a good program at the moment.

Hendersonville 21

Lebanon 13

4 hours ago, eers said:

Hendersonville is much better than the 212 record and a blowout to Oakland indicate. I don’t think this will be very close. 

Hendersonville by 3 scores. 

I don’t think Hville is on the same level as a MJ or Gallatin team. Therefor I see this being a tight game, but a winnable game for Lebanon. 

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

28 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I don’t think Hville is on the same level as a MJ or Gallatin team. Therefor I see this being a tight game, but a winnable game for Lebanon. 

I guess we’ll see. 

Not sure what level MJ is on at 1-2... and at this point, I would still pick Hendersonville over Gallatin. I mean I can’t ask for more... I get to hate on MJGOLDENBEARS and Gallatin in the same response. 

11 minutes ago, eers said:

I guess we’ll see. 

Not sure what level MJ is on at 1-2... and at this point, I would still pick Hendersonville over Gallatin. I mean I can’t ask for more... I get to hate on MJGOLDENBEARS and Gallatin in the same response. 

You shall see, it makes sense for a Beech fan to want to think Beech lost to a “really good” team in Hendersonville, but I can see right through that bias talk. I’m not sold on a team that had 60 hung on them. I’ll be back to eat crow if needed but I’m sticking with my gut here.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

27 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

You shall see, it makes sense for a Beech fan to want to think Beech lost to a “really good” team in Hendersonville, but I can see right through that bias talk. I’m not sold on a team that had 60 hung on them. I’ll be back to eat crow if needed but I’m sticking with my gut here.

Didn’t lose, but I see where you’re going there 1-2. 

I didn’t say they were “really good” either, but nonetheless at this point I still believe they beat Lebanon handily. 

3 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

You know what I meant, lol played a really close game with a really good team. 

I guess it could be worse, like getting beat by a really good Stewart’s creek team.  Maybe that’s why you’re putting Gallatin in a pedestal, it makes the loss easier to take. 

Back to HHS/Lebanon... I’ll stick with my 3 score prediction. 

15 minutes ago, eers said:

I guess it could be worse, like getting beat by a really good Stewart’s creek team.  Maybe that’s why you’re putting Gallatin in a pedestal, it makes the loss easier to take. 

Back to HHS/Lebanon... I’ll stick with my 3 score prediction. 

Stewart’s Creek is good, not as great as I thought, but how many times In then past weeks have I admitted MJ is down. Many.  You expect Beech to get better over the season, however I just don’t think they’re that good to begin with. MJ probably beats them in 4 quarters so what does that tell you? Your only argument there is the difference between 6a/5a.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

27 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Stewart’s Creek is good, not as great as I thought, but how many times In then past weeks have I admitted MJ is down. Many.  You expect Beech to get better over the season, however I just don’t think they’re that good to begin with. MJ probably beats them in 4 quarters so what does that tell you? Your only argument there is the difference between 6a/5a.

“Probably”? Come on man... I expect more out of you. 

As far as getting better as the season goes on, it happens every year. That’s not bias it’s fact. The concern I have right now is injuries. 

That said, I wasn’t one of those that thought this team was great coming into the season and honestly, they still have some work to do for sure. But, they have found a way to win and I have confidence that the coaching staff will make changes as the season goes on and the team will improve. Understand I’m not saying they’re the best, but they’re also not 1-2.

Winners find a way to win.  That’s what they’ve done...

28 minutes ago, eers said:

“Probably”? Come on man... I expect more out of you. 

As far as getting better as the season goes on, it happens every year. That’s not bias it’s fact. The concern I have right now is injuries. 

That said, I wasn’t one of those that thought this team was great coming into the season and honestly, they still have some work to do for sure. But, they have found a way to win and I have confidence that the coaching staff will make changes as the season goes on and the team will improve. Understand I’m not saying they’re the best, but they’re also not 1-2.

Winners find a way to win.  That’s what they’ve done...

Yeah yeah Beech does tend to get better, they surprised me last season when they were supposed to have a “down” year. I just don’t think they’re good enough this year to beat a team like Gallatin. Injuries...excuses.... I mean injuries are never good. As far as us being 1-2, I guess it must be said Beech would be in the same boat and maybe even a worse boat with our schedule. 

6 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Yeah yeah Beech does tend to get better, they surprised me last season when they were supposed to have a “down” year. I just don’t think they’re good enough this year to beat a team like Gallatin. Injuries...excuses.... I mean injuries are never good. As far as us being 1-2, I guess it must be said Beech would be in the same boat and maybe even a worse boat with our schedule. 

That we shall see as well. This years team has the potential to be better than last year. Athletically, MJ is going to have more athletes, Gallatin ford every year. There’s a difference in athletes, football players and teams. 

By the end of the year, they expect to win and it has translated to just that, wins. Beech has nearly as many playoff wins over the last 10 as Gallatin, Hendersonville, Station Camp and JPII combined. Beech 22 the other four 24. So yeah, they get better as the season goes and expect to win.