Hardin Valley (1-3) @ Dobyns-Bennett (3-0)

DBKPT93

I still think DB is the most likely winner but I’m gonna give HVA an outside chance here. Because 1) HVA runs pretty hot and cold. They haven’t really gotten hot in a game  yet this year and may not but when they do, they can be hard to stop. They have some talent, they don’t have consistent talent. And their talent is unreliable. They do have some capable playmakers and kids with skills. 2) I see and acknowledge DB has three blowout wins but one of those is Bearden who has been riddled with injuries, one was OR before OR “got right”.  And one was TN High which admittedly, I don’t know enough about to gauge the quality of that win.

bottom line: I think DB has it but I’m kinda on upset alert and won’t be shocked if HVA pulls the upset.

Edited by Bluegreymom

17 minutes ago, Bluegreymom said:

I still think DB is the most likely winner but I’m gonna give HVA an outside chance here. Because 1) HVA runs pretty hot and cold. They haven’t really gotten hot in a game  yet this year and may not but when they do, they can be hard to stop. They have some talent, they don’t have consistent talent. And their talent is unreliable. They do have some capable playmakers and kids with skills. 2) I see and acknowledge DB has three blowout wins but one of those is Bearden who has been riddled with injuries, one was OR before OR “got right”.  And one was TN High which admittedly, I don’t know enough about to gauge the quality of that win.

bottom line: I think DB has it but I’m kinda on upset alert and won’t be shocked if HVA pulls the upset.

I agree, looks like you've done your home work. I think this game will be close.

24 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I agree, looks like you've done your home work. I think this game will be close.

Waco - are you just sandbagging here or do you really think it will be a good game?   I am needing a game to see this week and have a good friend whose son plays for DB.   I just don't want to sit through a 40-7 type of game, which I tend to think this one will be.