AP CLASS 1A POLL SEPT 16, 2019

Southtowner

3 hours ago, WARBOSS said:

I'm sure Huntington and Lake County are very good teams with good speed..they will fight out the West because there going to see South Pittsburgh from the east this year and they are loaded..really good on defense! And scored 63 to last week?? They are so fast and physical but they are so deep!! They have a lot of good players that play hard..they look like they have that vision..you can read teams sometimes...there my pick as of right now!!

Good post.South Pitt is CLEARLY the team to beat.

7 hours ago, Gbnation said:

I would leave GB there until they prove otherwise. ST has seen us play and he has us at fourth so without seeing the other teams play I would say that’s about right. 

I agree nation,ST was there and saw us in person and if he says we arent a top 3 team then we are not in their class.I just hope we improve enough to at least get the opportunity to be beaten by the number 1 team this year but we are not even close yet.We are a 500 team and the others are mercy ruling teams.

Edited by orngnblk

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I agree nation,ST was there and saw us in person and if he says we arent a top 3 team then we are not in their class.I just hope we improve enough to at least get the opportunity to be beaten by the number 1 team this year but we are not even close yet.We are a 500 team and the others are mercy ruling teams.

Do I detect a little sarcasm there ob? I have seen both teams play too. Right now I give the edge to SP but the competition has been a little easier for SP. When SP goes to Red Bank we will know more. Red Bank is absolutely loaded. 

6 minutes ago, team69 said:

Do I detect a little sarcasm there ob? I have seen both teams play too. Right now I give the edge to SP but the competition has been a little easier for SP. When SP goes to Red Bank we will know more. Red Bank is absolutely loaded. 

I fully expect SP to handle business when that day comes.I still think Meigs will be the best team you will play in Reg season myself.Seen some Redbank footage and Loudon will edge them out in Quarters Meigs is a load!JMO tho.

11 hours ago, Southtowner said:

^  Two 1A teams power ratings are top 20 in State.  Too high.  It'll work out soon enough. 

The season has ended a few times with SP in the top 10.  1999 and 2007 and a few in the top 20.   But there is a long way to go even in the regular season much less the playoffs.

Edited by rlh

29 minutes ago, rlh said:

The season has ended a few times with SP in the top 10.  1999 and 2007 and a few in the top 20.   But there is a long way to go even in the regular season much less the playoffs.

Peabody was like 20th on sonny Moore’s. We beat a 4a school and dropped to like 30 something

8 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Peabody was like 20th on sonny Moore’s. We beat a 4a school and dropped to like 30 something

The Algorithm figures SOS ranking and point differentials so with SS not performing well beginning of season from being so young it didnt bump us up and others played "tougher" games so it bumped them above us..

4 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

The Algorithm figures SOS ranking and point differentials so with SS not performing well beginning of season from being so young it didnt bump us up and others played "tougher" games so it bumped them above us..

Yeah it’s just big drop after a win. It was similar last year then it started evening out. It seemed pretty accurate toward the end of the year