AP CLASS 1A POLL SEPT 16, 2019

Southtowner

44 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Our coach has backed off in every game we have played so far. The way our coach rotates players I doubt we ever have a mr football. Plus we are in west TN. They seem to be biased to the east 

Only gonna say the person in 2A that won it last year earned it in my opinion. And he hardly got to play any ball past halftime most games last year. In the games he got to play 4 quarters this year he has put up video game #s already. I kinda feel that your saying maybe our qb won it because someone is biased that votes? I really dont know how it works. I will say if you ever seen our qb play when he has to really had to earn it that game youd be buying a Jersey of his after the game. :cool:

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Only gonna say the person in 2A that won it last year earned it in my opinion. And he hardly got to play any ball past halftime most games last year. In the games he got to play 4 quarters this year he has put up video game #s already. I kinda feel that your saying maybe our qb won it because someone is biased that votes? I really dont know how it works. I will say if you ever seen our qb play when he has to really had to earn it that game youd be buying a Jersey of his after the game. :cool:

No wasn’t a dig at him whatsoever.  We are splitting running the ball between 5 guys. Jarel still ran 1200 plus yards last year.  Swafford is a beast for sure. There is just no way anyone on our team is going to get crazy numbers. I think a lot of it has to do with stats and it’s always been favored to the east.   I’m sorry if it came off negative toward him. It wasn’t meant to be that way. 

25 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

To the Greenback posters on here:  In my top 10 list there really isn't any distance between the top 4.  They are interchangeable.  Huntingdon and Lake County along with South Pittsburg and Greenback.  TheyAreThisClose.

You have seen us play in a big game.I havent seen much of you all at all but i just dont see us at your 3's level right yet we are inproving every week but not there yet.I think its SP/Huntingdon and the the rest of us.

2 hours ago, Tide21 said:

No wasn’t a dig at him whatsoever.  We are splitting running the ball between 5 guys. Jarel still ran 1200 plus yards last year.  Swafford is a beast for sure. There is just no way anyone on our team is going to get crazy numbers. I think a lot of it has to do with stats and it’s always been favored to the east.   I’m sorry if it came off negative toward him. It wasn’t meant to be that way. 

Appreciate the clarification, and I've seen your team. Not in person but I've seen them a few times last year with clips and this year against Milan. You have alot of good skill players and a great line on both sides of the ball. Your issue is you haven't had to have a player show up and be a clutch player to win a game or to get that 1st down the game was riding on it would seem. Show seperation when it matters so to speak. I'd imagine you may have Mr. Football talent on your team but if they win every game without showing they are a clutch player or separate themselves from other teammates how you gonna separate them from an Elite player who has Had to sometime. West Tn. Won it in 2017 btw  Gavin Stanfield. So for the last 2 years it's at least 50/50. I shortened this post as it was just too long.

Edited by Imthayeti

16 minutes ago, Guidance1812 said:

I think we could go back and quote the same old lines from previous few years, and show the repetitiveness of your fan base posts, at least half anyway, but it would crash coachT 

Here’s the deal. Im so happy for LC being a game better in the past 2 seasons. Go Falcons. Y’all haven’t talked a min of football this year. Hopefully we will see each other in the semis. Don’t think y’all will get past Freedom Prep, but I hope so. Until then....

6 minutes ago, MayoBottomHermit said:

Here’s the deal. Im so happy for LC being a game better in the past 2 seasons. Go Falcons. Y’all haven’t talked a min of football this year. Hopefully we will see each other in the semis. Don’t think y’all will get past Freedom Prep, but I hope so. Until then....

Gonna hold you to that, good luck with fayetteville

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

You have seen us play in a big game.I havent seen much of you all at all but i just dont see us at your 3's level right yet we are inproving every week but not there yet.I think its SP/Huntingdon and the the rest of us.

Yall went toe to toe with a 75 man roster.  Arguably the 2nd best team in 2A and ranked as such.