AP CLASS 1A POLL SEPT 16, 2019

Southtowner

12 minutes ago, 87vikingalumni said:

BPM, I agree with the depth for a Single A school but you can only put eleven (11) men on the field at a time. I watch a game this past Friday were a team had half as many players but the team players were in great shape, discplined & almost pulled out a win over bigger school. So, sometimes Quality over Quantity wins out but as people are saying, " we will see soon who's number 1 in single A.

I agree with you 100%. I said this earlier in the thread and you may have missed it. The posted I made was a jab at someone else. Not necessarily meant as serious. 

On 9/16/2019 at 5:32 PM, Southtowner said:
SouthTown Top 10

1. Huntingdon
2. Lake County
3. South Pittsburg
4. Greenback
5. Fayetteville
6. Freedom Prep
7. Oliver Springs
8. Greenfield
9. Mt Pleasant
10. Memphis Middle

Does Cornersville make your top 10 this week with the shut out of Mt Pleasant? Fully agree with the top 5, but would definitely rank the pirates at 1. Thanks for all you do.

16 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

Does Cornersville make your top 10 this week with the shut out of Mt Pleasant? Fully agree with the top 5, but would definitely rank the pirates at 1. Thanks for all you do.

I'm really not sure at this point.  Apparently I had Mt Pleasant ranked too high at the beginning of the year.  I thought with what all they were returning it would have yielded a region championship for them this year.  That isn't gonna happen now.  I believe I had Cornersville ranked around the 10th spot in preseason.  Just off the top of my head West Carroll will slide in the top 10.  I'll have to look at it a bit closer.  Looks like the well hasn't ran dry in Frog Bottom.

On 9/18/2019 at 7:27 PM, Southtowner said:

LMBO.

I never said we didn't have a 60 man roster. Only that I would have to see it.  Now that I have I'm still convinced that Greenback is loaded with several D1 players. And will be a tough out for anyone including the Pirates. 

I have maintained every since I started maintaining things this would be one of the best teams they have had in several years and I still maintain that.  LMBO.

Old Pirate says the Pirates ain’t got a 60 man roster fer a spell. The number of bench warmers certainly is not nearly as teams being ranked solely because of orchestrated transfers to even be ranked. SP was expected to be highly ranked. The TSSAA has got to address the short cuts to success. 

10 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I'm really not sure at this point.  Apparently I had Mt Pleasant ranked too high at the beginning of the year.  I thought with what all they were returning it would have yielded a region championship for them this year.  That isn't gonna happen now.  I believe I had Cornersville ranked around the 10th spot in preseason.  Just off the top of my head West Carroll will slide in the top 10.  I'll have to look at it a bit closer.  Looks like the well hasn't ran dry in Frog Bottom.

I like it. Well isn't dry, guys had to figure out how to play together. Continuous improvement is the key.