Fox Sports Jackson 105.3 West Tennessee High School Football Poll week 5

ReitzFan

6 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

https://www.facebook.com/843243376013249/posts/946513729019546/

Click the above link to go do the Fox Sports Jackson 105.3 Facebook page to view this week's West Tennessee High School Football Poll week 5

That was a solid poll. Lots of heavy hitters in there. JMO but after seeing both Covington and Peabody I feel Peabody is the better team. 

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

That was a solid poll. Lots of heavy hitters in there. JMO but after seeing both Covington and Peabody I feel Peabody is the better team. 

Thank you for your kind words. I put a lot of time into trying to get my poll accurate. When you talk Peabody and Covington I did have them both tied. You could call them 1A and 1B. You can also put either team in either position.

52 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Thank you for your kind words. I put a lot of time into trying to get my poll accurate. When you talk Peabody and Covington I did have them both tied. You could call them 1A and 1B. You can also put either team in either position.

You guys really think we are as good as Covington ?  I don’t know much about them. I know they have a real good back and went toe to toe with Alcoa last year. That’s the only hand I watched them play 

13 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

You guys really think we are as good as Covington ?  I don’t know much about them. I know they have a real good back and went toe to toe with Alcoa last year. That’s the only hand I watched them play 

We are as good !!! The only advantage a 3 A 4 A or even 5 A has is usually "usable" depth in multiple positions , we have that plain and simple ! Everyone knows we are 4 backs deep 2 QB's deep 4 recievers and so on and so forth but few relaize we rotate linemen like a 4 A school .  Deep in the season and hopefully a long playoff run will show the Tides insane depth , yep we dress 70 plus but they are not all scrubs past the top 25 players at all !!

ROLL GOLDEN TIDE

Edited by PeabodyPride

15 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Click the above link to go do the Fox Sports Jackson 105.3 Facebook page to view this week's West Tennessee High School Football Poll week 5

Looks pretty accurate to me only thing I would put Haywood as 1C . Wished Haywood and Covington played this year. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

I dont understand your rating of the Huntingdon Mustangs. These kids are 28-2 since their sophomore year and undefeated on this side of the river. There's a bunch of teams rated ahead of us that we can handle.

10 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

I dont understand your rating of the Huntingdon Mustangs. These kids are 28-2 since their sophomore year and undefeated on this side of the river. There's a bunch of teams rated ahead of us that we can handle.

You should be ahead of South Gibson in my opinion. Westview and Lake Co are debatable. Other than that the top four would mash you. 

18 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Honestly I have seen you guys and Covington both up close and personal this year and I think you guys are the better team. On offense I give you guys the edge because you are so versatile. You can run and pass. You guys have a tremendous back as does Covington. The difference is you have a proven commodity at qb in Baugus. Brock Lomax is gone and the new qb is unproven. Good teams that can match up physically and athletically with Covington (Alcoa and maybe Pearl Cohn) will be able to slow that run game. Then will the qb be able to step up?  We know Baugus can. Covington may be a tad better on defensive but only by a hair. I believe they brought back 9 on that side of the ball. One thing that makes you guys so good on defense is your depth. Your ability to rotate in defensive lineman and keep people fresh makes your D tough to handle. I give you guys a clear advantage in coaching with the all star staff. I would pick Peabody by 7 over Covington if they played this season. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You should be ahead of South Gibson in my opinion. Westview and Lake Co are debatable. Other than that the top four would mash you. 

Mustangs scrimmaged Covington the last 3 years. They beat us for the first time 2-0 this year. Our QB played very little this scrimmage as he had been playing baseball and hadn't practiced. Covington has a super quick defense. That linebacker, dont know his name is a bad boy. Honestly after seeing both I would call it a toss-up.

3 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Mustangs scrimmaged Covington the last 3 years. They beat us for the first time 2-0 this year. Our QB played very little this scrimmage as he had been playing baseball and hadn't practiced. Covington has a super quick defense. That linebacker, dont know his name is a bad boy. Honestly after seeing both I would call it a toss-up.

We scrimmaged Henry Co preseason in a real game simulation. Starters played 3qtrs and it was a 21-21 tie. Henry Co would destroy us if we played now. I believe Covington would be 2tds better than you guys. Just my opinion. Has nothing to do with me being a mustank hater. 

3 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Lake Co is good. I've seen Westview, the Mustangs I think would handle them easily. They're about like Waverly the last few years, all offense, no defense. Good defensive teams usually win these type games