South Pittsburg vs Red Bank (Grider against this Brown man)

Roy Dillard

Just now, crow said:

Good luck to the Pirates, steep hill but y'all have some climbers. 

Old Pirate suspects this feud will be full of fireworks. The Pirates’ strength thus far has been special teams & defense. The running game has displayed the bloody nose approach sparingly and Red Bank will certainly be big and fast. Pirates must stay healthy while gaining experience and limiting foolish penalties. 

RB's #15 is a big strong back with some speed and illusive.  The Pirate D will need to use solid tackling on him.  Their QB can throw it if he has time.  He can hit #1 and #2 in a slant across the middle.  They have good hands and tough nut supper fast.  They can also throw to the backs.  They use another back 10 or 20 (can't remember #) that plays both way.  He is fumble prone and not big.  If the Pirates can tackle 15 and get to the QB, I like our chances.  I think our offense can move it on their D.  We need our kicker putting it in the endzone and good coverage because 15 is dangerous on returns. 

Having a couple huge starters out want help us at all, but it is what it is. I wouldn't play them till playoff time comes around. We will have to play a mistake free and smart game to be able to play with RB. This team is a different animal that what we have seen. If we can play close with them, then I would be happy.  Just glad to play a high caliber team like them. I know all eyes will be on us for sure. We have about in my mind 4 ko  guy's that need to be taken off that team bc they can't stay in there lane's, and against this RB team we can't give up any long kickoff's or they will be at the house.  Looking forward to a good game and we will have alot to shore up, but I like our chances if we play Pirate football. 

5 hours ago, sportman said:

Having a couple huge starters out want help us at all, but it is what it is. I wouldn't play them till playoff time comes around. We will have to play a mistake free and smart game to be able to play with RB. This team is a different animal that what we have seen. If we can play close with them, then I would be happy.  Just glad to play a high caliber team like them. I know all eyes will be on us for sure. We have about in my mind 4 ko  guy's that need to be taken off that team bc they can't stay in there lane's, and against this RB team we can't give up any long kickoff's or they will be at the house.  Looking forward to a good game and we will have alot to shore up, but I like our chances if we play Pirate football. 

Sportman let me ask you a question. Did you tell Grider which boys to take off the kick squad because they didnt run hard and stay in the lane? Are you stupid? The lane is between the durn sidelines.  That runner that catches the ball can run anywhere between the sidelines.  You think im joking but im not. 

Edited by Roy Dillard

1 hour ago, Roy Dillard said:

Sportman let me ask you a question. Did you tell Grider which boys to isle off the kick squad because they didnt run hard and stay in the lane? Are you stupid? The lane is between the durn sidelines.  That runner that catches the ball can run anywhere between the sidelines.  You think im joking but im not. 

Roy, that runner can run if you knock him down.

5 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

Sportman let me ask you a question. Did you tell Grider which boys to take off the kick squad because they didnt run hard and stay in the lane? Are you stupid? The lane is between the durn sidelines.  That runner that catches the ball can run anywhere between the sidelines.  You think im joking but im not. 

At least once a year you post something SO football 101 that when you say it in it’s simplest form it is SO brilliant and it cracks me up.  #RDPOTY

15 hours ago, Gbnation said:

Win or loose playing better teams will only make SP better. This game and Meigs will be two good tests before the playoffs come around. It’s hard to get up for teams when you already know the outcome. 

Agreed, these next two games will definitely test the Pirates! Just hope we can come through both without any more injuries....going to be tough, physical games all around! 

I believe the Capt will have a good game plan and our boys will be practicing hard this week!