South Pittsburg vs Red Bank (Grider against this Brown man)

Roy Dillard

1 hour ago, FireFistAce said:

I'm thinking this will be the best team the Pirates have faced in a good while.  What do you say?   How far back would you have to go to find a better team?  Whitwell 2018?   Greenback 2017, 2016?  Jasper 2015, 2014?   Further? 

I'd say 2010 Signal Mountain, the year we both won State. I'm expecting a similar game, too. That was a real barn burner, with Signal pulling out a 40-36 win.

52 minutes ago, MountainTroll said:

I'd say 2010 Signal Mountain, the year we both won State. I'm expecting a similar game, too. That was a real barn burner, with Signal pulling out a 40-36 win.

12 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

One of the better games I've seen.  Great atmosphere that night. We should have won. :angry:

Polk County was the best team the Pirates faced in 2010. And that was weeks after the Signal game. 

Just now, FireFistAce said:

Polk County was the best team the Pirates faced in 2010. And that was weeks after the Signal game. 

While that may be true the Polk game didn't have any where near the electric atmosphere the Signal game did.  There was so much electricity in the air it made my air stand straight up. I used a popcorn bag to breathe in and out of to keep from hyperventilating. 

7 hours ago, Southtowner said:

While that may be true the Polk game didn't have any where near the electric atmosphere the Signal game did.  There was so much electricity in the air it made my air stand straight up. I used a popcorn bag to breathe in and out of to keep from hyperventilating. 

That was because of those retro black and red uniforms in the Pirate Offensive backfield tossing our guys around like the flying monkeys on the strawman in the Wizard of Oz.