South Pittsburg vs Red Bank (Grider against this Brown man)

Roy Dillard

1 hour ago, Infamousfootballfan said:

Both sides were packed ... ijs

Y’all are undefeated and one of the top teams in Chattanooga (and in the State in 3A).  If that’s packed to you, then you should visit Beene Stadium to see how a real HOME crowd shows up.  You obviously seen our AWAY crowd tonight.  

@Roy Dillard’s last colonoscopy was more packed than the Red Bank home side tonight

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Y’all are undefeated and one of the top teams in Chattanooga (and in the State in 3A).  If that’s packed to you, then you should visit Beene Stadium to see how a real HOME crowd shows up.  You obviously seen our AWAY crowd tonight.  

@Roy Dillard’s last colonoscopy was more packed than the Red Bank home side tonight

Yea, I agree. We had their fans outnumbered. I pulled into the stadium at 5:30 and the away stands were already full. We always travel well though. Big time electric atmosphere between two undefeated teams at Beene in 2 weeks! Swafford will be the best player SP sees all year.

RB had a pretty good crowd to start. Not what you would expect for an undefeated, 4th ranked 3A team, but pretty good by RB standards. I expect quite of few of those on the RB side were neutral fans from other schools just coming to watch a good game.

Nevertheless, by 10 pm the home side was emptying while the Pirate faithful were staying put. If they had kicked off at 11pm, the Pirates would definitely have had a huge crowd advantage, and I think that would have inspired the Pirate players and demoralized the Lions players.

Oh well. Just hate the game didn't happen.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Pass the word.  Everyone can get a refund on the game tickets.  Hold on to your ticket stubs. And I mean everyone.  We can't let this episode go down the way it did.  If you don't wanna refund then I'd suggest dropping off your ticket stub at the school and let SPHS have the money.  

I think I seen Roy still diggin' thru the trash for ticket stubs at midnight. :roflol:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MountainTroll said:

Ooltewah and soddy resumed play and they are looking at the same sky. WRCB viper radar was there, and storms had moved on. Those tunderstorms are so tall, you can see the lightening from 20 miles away at night.

I'm all for safety, and I agree with the delays while the storms were moving through, but they were clearly gone when the game was called.

Word is that the state's head of officials was there and he wasn't going to let them go even if there was a flicker in the sky that was moving away. The coaches wanted to, but he said "no."

2 hours ago, powerp said:

Yea, I agree. We had their fans outnumbered. I pulled into the stadium at 5:30 and the away stands were already full. We always travel well though. Big time electric atmosphere between two undefeated teams at Beene in 2 weeks! Swafford will be the best player SP sees all year.

Kind of weird that the away stands were full at 5:30 when the gate didn’t open until 5:30.  There might have been 4 people walk up when the gate opened.