Week 6: Upperman @ Oneida

crow

2 hours ago, crow said:

Yeah we usually run into a couple pretty good offenses each year in teams like greenback, meigs county or Coalfied and the like. Our DC does a good job scheming offenses. 

Im thinking this may be a hecknof a ball game old buddy!!The more i read and compare im thinking your old ball coach may have something for the Bees!,You will not see another offense with the capabilities of the Cherokees but the Bees are solid but your D can be a handful!I read where folks were saying they thought the CG game would be over sooner.Your O aint made for that every week,it can but not the bread and butter.Play good D get some fortune and capitalize WITH the clock.Remember what you told me about old coach Boone!This is that type game!!

2 minutes ago, OmahaOmaha said:

Just saw stat line from a Friday night. I know it was CG but we struggled to run the football only 93 yards on the ground. What surprised the heck out of me is Oneida was 9-14 for 222 yards PASSING!! I don’t remember last time Oneida had a stat line like that. 

What you mean "we" stranger :popcorneater:

25 minutes ago, OmahaOmaha said:

Just saw stat line from a Friday night. I know it was CG but we struggled to run the football only 93 yards on the ground. What surprised the heck out of me is Oneida was 9-14 for 222 yards PASSING!! I don’t remember last time Oneida had a stat line like that. 

Honestly stats can say anything you want them to. It's all about the individual game. Maybe one team has a short field all night and only has an opportunity to gain small numbers to score. Maybe a team has an awesome punter but can't get a first down then Johnny big leg flips the field and the other team has to go 80 every possession. Friday night one stat jumps out, early 4th quarter there had been 21 combined penalties. That may have eaten up some rushing yards for both sides lol. Simply put the only stat that matters is score. Whether you gain 50 or 500 rushing or passing is irrelevant as long as you find a way to win. 

That being said I really hope the team that played the 2nd half of YAI, the WB game and the GB game shows up for Upperman, they're gonna bring a good ball team in here and if we lazy our way into this one well be down 4 scores in a hurry. We're not built to catch up big chunks at a time, gotta lean on em hard from the first to the last snap and do what we do. Their offense is certainly no more powerful than greenback but make no mistake they're no less powerful either. Gonna take the same defensive effort and the offense has gotta find a little more grit for this one. Do that and folks will get their money's worth. Slack off even for a minute and the stands will be awfully quiet at The Reservation Friday night. 

Edited by crow

40 minutes ago, OmahaOmaha said:

A team like CG is an outstanding Guinea pig for practicing something you just may not be used to doing. If anything I'd imagine your coach just wanted to improve his passing game some. Does it surprise you that it was practiced the game after Greenback? It doesnt me. :grin: Just speculating some.

Edited by Imthayeti

19 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

A team like CG is an outstanding Guinea pig for practicing something you just may not be used to doing. If anything I'd imagine your coach just wanted to improve his passing game some. Does it surprise you that it was practiced the game after Greenback? It doesnt me. :grin: Just speculating some.

Well we did pass the ball on GB just didn’t have the horses to hang with them when it got late in the game. It may have been just practicing but dang makes me happy to see it. 

4 hours ago, OmahaOmaha said:

Well we did pass the ball on GB just didn’t have the horses to hang with them when it got late in the game. It may have been just practicing but dang makes me happy to see it. 

TL said the week of WB or maybe YAI that if teams load the box we were gonna throw it over their heads. Never known him to lie.