Martin Westview at Lake County

lakecounty1968

Here's what would worry me if I'm a Falcon fan. Covington was ready to play... for the past 16 or so games they've played a murderous schedule, including giving Alcoa a run at Cookeville. Westview came in with a reputation, and Covington was not scared, but you'd better believe that Westview had their undivided attention. Westview came in with an unrealistic opinion of themselves... they thought that their new coach's system coupled with their QB's ability was going to allow them to score on an "elite" team as they have everyone else so far.

This week, you could flip the script. Westview has experienced an elite team, and were brought back to reality. With what Lake County has done thus far in the season they will have the respect of the Chargers, and you can forget "sneaking up" on them after them being embarrassed. Lake County also could relax a little after seeing Covington's defense shut down the View's attack, and expect to do the same with the same coverages. McConnell won't allow that to happen two weeks in a row... bet that. 

This is shaping up to be a classic if both teams bring their A games, and you can expect Westview to bring theirs.

1 minute ago, tradertwo said:

Here's what would worry me if I'm a Falcon fan. Covington was ready to play... for the past 16 or so games they've played a murderous schedule, including giving Alcoa a run at Cookeville. Westview came in with a reputation, and Covington was not scared, but you'd better believe that Westview had their undivided attention. Westview came in with an unrealistic opinion of themselves... they thought that their new coach's system coupled with their QB's ability was going to allow them to score on an "elite" team as they have everyone else so far.

This week, you could flip the script. Westview has experienced an elite team, and were brought back to reality. With what Lake County has done thus far in the season they will have the respect of the Chargers, and you can forget "sneaking up" on them after them being embarrassed. Lake County also could relax a little after seeing Covington's defense shut down the View's attack, and expect to do the same with the same coverages. McConnell won't allow that to happen two weeks in a row... bet that. 

This is shaping up to be a classic if both teams bring their A games, and you can expect Westview to bring theirs.

I agree with you. This game should be a great game. It's a win win for Lake County regardless of the outcome. Of course I expect LC to win but wouldn't be surprised if Westview won the game. Westview should be the favored in the game. 

11 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Agree

25 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I agree with you. This game should be a great game. It's a win win for Lake County regardless of the outcome. Of course I expect LC to win but wouldn't be surprised if Westview won the game. Westview should be the favored in the game. 

McConnell as great of an offensive mind as he is cant put a good defense on the field. When at Waverly Huntingdon could never stop his offense but his defense was among the worst we faced all year. We basically scored on them everytime we had the ball. I will be surprised if Lake Co doesn't blow Westview out.