Marshall Co @ Springfield

Kevin38

The reason for my prediction is that we have no common opponents. The only thing I have to go off of is Sonny Moore and cal-preps. Sonny has the Tigers as a 23 point favorite and Cal has us as an 18 point favorite.  Often with teams that are closely matched you will have two outcomes, it will either be a close game or it will be a lopsided victory for either team. The only thing I could go off of was what those sites were suggesting. This game could really be a toss up and come down to whoever has the ball last. Shout out to Springfield for scheduling some tough competition on homecoming.  That's something that 95% of schools dont do. Go Tigers!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leadfarmer said:

The reason for my prediction is that we have no common opponents. The only thing I have to go off of is Sonny Moore and cal-preps. Sonny has the Tigers as a 23 point favorite and Cal has us as an 18 point favorite.  Often with teams that are closely matched you will have two outcomes, it will either be a close game or it will be a lopsided victory for either team. The only thing I could go off of was what those sites were suggesting. This game could really be a toss up and come down to whoever has the ball last. Shout out to Springfield for scheduling some tough competition on homecoming.  That's something that 95% of schools dont do. Go Tigers!

Our coaches will schedule games like you guys or teams in higher classes opposed to cupcakes, some of the teams higher up turn out to be cupcakes like Station Camp but that's never the intention, they want to play teams that will prepare them for the playoffs...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kevin38 said:

Our coaches will schedule games like you guys or teams in higher classes opposed to cupcakes, some of the teams higher up turn out to be cupcakes like Station Camp but that's never the intention, they want to play teams that will prepare them for the playoffs...

Schools that schedule tough out of region games are better prepared for the playoffs. You can learn a lot about your team in those games win or lose. Take care of your region games and the rest will take care of itself. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TradHunter said:

I am just hoping for a clean game on both sides. This is a big one for both sides, it will show where each team is at. The polls show Marshall Co. as a favorite, but being the Jackets HC it will be a dog fight. Lets hope all the players come off the field healthy this evening.

I agree on all parts here, mainly both teams come out healthy for the rest of region play. I think the Jackets will do ok against the run game of Marshall Co. my biggest question is how they’ll do against the pass. The Jackets defense has been hit or miss at times this year. If they miss tonight, it’s going to be a long night for the black and gold.....my take it’s a pick’em could go either way. It’s going to be the toughest game of the regular season for Springfield in my opinion. 

Edited by Poundtherock23
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

I agree on all parts here, mainly both teams come out healthy for the rest of region play. I think the Jackets will do ok against the run game of Marshall Co. my biggest question is how they’ll do against the pass. The Jackets defense has been hit or miss at times this year. If the miss tonight, it’s going to be a long night for the black and gold.....my take it’s a pick’em could either way. It’s going to be the toughest game of the regular season for Springfield in my opinion. 

Both backs for the Tigers are speedy. Wilson i(who almost went to Springfield) is a reciever that can hurt you in space. How is Springfields passing game? The Tigers secondary has been a ball hawk this year.

Edited by leadfarmer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, leadfarmer said:

Both backs for the Tigers are speedy. Wilson i(who almost went to Springfield) is a reciever that can hurt you in space. How is Springfields passing game? The Tigers secondary has been a ball hawk this year.

Passing game as been sporadic, they can throw it deep and the slants work well. The problem in my opinion is they try to run a 2 QB system. One of the QB’s is a duel threat and the other is strictly passing, so it’s kinda predictable on what’s going to happen. We’ll see how the game plan works out tonight, maybe they’ll find some sort of a rhythm.  

Safe travels to all the Tiger Faithful tonight 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1