Gibson County @ West Carroll

GCPioneer

6 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I know Gibson County put up 61 points last week. Alot of that had to do with UC turnovers. How much has the GC offense really improved? 

Everyone is talking about the turnovers, but we still had over 350 yards of offense against Union City... Adam Smithson at QB had 200+ yards and Hayden McGuire at RB had around 150 yards rushing... WR's made some good catches... we are fine...

Edited by GCPioneer

1 minute ago, GCPioneer said:

Everyone is talking about the turnovers, but we still had over 350 yards of offense against Union City... Adam Smithson at QB had 200+ yards and Hayden McGuire at RB had around 150 yards rushing... WR's made some good catches... we are fine...

Wasn't meaning anything bad about the turnovers. That's part of football. How much offense did UC put up? West Carroll does have a decent run game. 

6 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I know Gibson County put up 61 points last week. Alot of that had to do with UC turnovers. How much has the GC offense really improved? 

Hard to say if UC is a true test of GC offense UC has given up alot of points this year on D ad I mean alot pretty durn close to 170 ! But the GC offense looms able to consistently move the ball better than last year to this point !

Just now, lakecounty1968 said:

Wasn't meaning anything bad about the turnovers. That's part of football. How much offense did UC put up? West Carroll does have a decent run game. 

Union City ran the ball at will... but, the scout on Union City is that if you hit the QB hard and make him pitch the ball, there's likely to be a couple of fumbles mixed in there... the good thing for us is that we won't see this type of offense again unless we play them again in the playoffs. Even then, I feel confident that we'd beat them again.

1 minute ago, GCPioneer said:

Union City ran the ball at will... but, the scout on Union City is that if you hit the QB hard and make him pitch the ball, there's likely to be a couple of fumbles mixed in there... the good thing for us is that we won't see this type of offense again unless we play them again in the playoffs. Even then, I feel confident that we'd beat them again.

It’s hard to beat a good team twice. I don’t think West Carroll will challenge y’all either.

2 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

That's good to hear. West Carroll may keep it somewhat close by running the clock and not turning the ball over. I believe turnovers are 90 percent caused by the defense and 10 percent self inflicted. Good luck to both teams.

GCPioneer, first let me congratulate GC on the big win last week and on the improvement to the program, that’s a big deal.  I think it’s great to see a program which isn’t a perennial power rise up and challenge the blue bloods.  In one post after the UC win, it was stated that in the coming years Gc was going to be at the top of this region.  I don’t doubt that statement or am disputing it, I just want to know why, considering the rest of the teams in it who consistently are pretty good.  Thank you and good luck!

41 minutes ago, Archiewho said:

GCPioneer, first let me congratulate GC on the big win last week and on the improvement to the program, that’s a big deal.  I think it’s great to see a program which isn’t a perennial power rise up and challenge the blue bloods.  In one post after the UC win, it was stated that in the coming years Gc was going to be at the top of this region.  I don’t doubt that statement or am disputing it, I just want to know why, considering the rest of the teams in it who consistently are pretty good.  Thank you and good luck!

Not GCPioneer.  But the middle school team has some of the best athletes GC has had in a while.  They only lost one game last year to Trenton by one score.  This year they have beat Trenton and Milan with a running clock. And lost to Union City by one score.   Only lost 2 games In the last 2 years.   We are all hoping that translates to the high school level.  

6 hours ago, Archiewho said:

I appreciate the positive words about our program... Coach Finley and the high school staff have done a heck of a job as well as Coach Papech and his staff at the middle school level. We've also got people working with the elementary school kids practicing during the week and playing games on Saturday mornings.

The facilities are top notch... nice weight room and weight room equipment, nice locker room with an indoor practice facility connected to it. Additionally, a brand new football stadium with a great looking field.

Secondly, the athletes that are at the middle school level will be the best of athletes that Gibson County has seen in years... not 1 or 2 athletes, but 4 or 5 great athletes who are football players! As stated by westtnsportsfan, the middle school beat Peabody 48-6 and Milan 48-24 (we play 3 Oaks on Thursday I believe)... will we be beating those teams like that in the years to come, I highly doubt it... but it does make for very interesting times for Gibson County football.

Also, something that needs to be kept in mind by the locals here... this will be the fifth, or sixth, year that all of the middle schools will be combined for football... this consolidation is going to pay off in the long term process of getting Gibson County football where it should be. The groundwork for long term success is in place and taking shape for our football program....

Edited by GCPioneer