Gallatin (5-0) @ Wilson Central (4-1)

Gtowner

This one has all the makings of a fantastic showdown between two very good football teams.  There's no doubt WC will be out to avenge a lopsided loss to Mt. Juliet last week, while Gallatin hopes to continue to ride the momentum from a commanding homecoming win. 

If you play the common opponent game, Gallatin wins by 32. I hardly see that as accurate. This one should be much closer than that.  Who ya got?

Edited by Gtowner

57 minutes ago, Gtowner said:

This one has all the makings of a fantastic showdown between two very good football teams.  There's no doubt WC will be out to avenge a lopsided loss to Mt. Juliet last week, while Gallatin hopes to continue to ride the momentum from a commanding homecoming win. 

If you play the common opponent game, Gallatin wins by 32. I hardly see that as accurate. This one should be much closer than that.  Who ya got?

I expect a full house at Wilson Central.  They will be plenty mad after that performance.  Gallatin on the other hand is rolling!!  

2 hours ago, Gtowner said:

Two questions. How do we know that Wilson Central is a very good football team? How should this one be much closer than 32?

Wilson Central is 4-1. They had a 37-7 win over 4A Springfield in week one that looks like a pretty good win. They won 28-27 against a 0-5 Overton team that at best is gonna finish 2-8. They beat Rossview 20-14 and Rossview is probably gonna finish the season 4-6. They blew out Antioch.... Antioch is gonna finish 0-10 and so far through 5 games have been outscored 282-12. Then they lost last week to Mt. Juliet (who Gallatin shutout) 42-17.

In summary. Wilson Central barely beat Overton and Rossview and got blown out by Mt. Juliet. Gallatin beat Mt. Juliet. And would anybody say that Gallatin is not considerably better than Overton and Rossview? Only 3 teams have shutout Mt. Juliet in the last 10 years.... Oakland, Cane Ridge and this Gallatin team.

Gallatin is coming in off an easy Homecoming win and have an easy game next week against Hunters Lane. So they won't be looking ahead.

Gallatin 42

Wilson Central 14

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gtowner said:

The Lou Holtz strategy only works when your opponent has a realistic chance of winning. WC does not. If they can beat Hillsboro that badly, they def can do that to WC

10 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

Two questions. How do we know that Wilson Central is a very good football team? How should this one be much closer than 32?

Wilson Central is 4-1. They had a 37-7 win over 4A Springfield in week one that looks like a pretty good win. They won 28-27 against a 0-5 Overton team that at best is gonna finish 2-8. They beat Rossview 20-14 and Rossview is probably gonna finish the season 4-6. They blew out Antioch.... Antioch is gonna finish 0-10 and so far through 5 games have been outscored 282-12. Then they lost last week to Mt. Juliet (who Gallatin shutout) 42-17.

In summary. Wilson Central barely beat Overton and Rossview and got blown out by Mt. Juliet. Gallatin beat Mt. Juliet. And would anybody say that Gallatin is not considerably better than Overton and Rossview? Only 3 teams have shutout Mt. Juliet in the last 10 years.... Oakland, Cane Ridge and this Gallatin team.

Gallatin is coming in off an easy Homecoming win and have an easy game next week against Hunters Lane. So they won't be looking ahead.

Gallatin 42

Wilson Central 14

I really don’t care what the score is as long as Gallatin comes away with a win.  Wilson Central usually plays Gallatin pretty tough. I understand they have a good QB this year and if they run that motion offense that they usually run then they could cause problems.  I still think Gallatin comes in a favorite and this Gallatin team is not like any they have seen.  

I am only intrrested to see how Gallatin handles games week to week. I don't want to see them sleepwalking on ANYBODY. That is how you get caught in the trap. Go out there and aim to manhandle each opponent that stands in front of you. That would be the best change I could see happen in these last few years. If you get up on the opponent, step on the throat.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

I am only intrrested to see how Gallatin handles games week to week. I don't want to see them sleepwalking on ANYBODY. That is how you get caught in the trap. Go out there and aim to manhandle each opponent that stands in front of you. That would be the best change I could see happen in these last few years. If you get up on the opponent, step on the throat.

Probably one of the better post I have read since coming to this site.  I believe the coaching staff that we have now will not allow us to sleepwalk on anyone.  As a player under Calvin Short, Jim Barron, Jerry Joslin, Don Porter, Steve Duke, Rufus Lassiter and Bill Colquitt, the discipline and will to do whatever it takes to win shown by this staff is enjoyable to watch.  They have balls and charisma and I personally like the enthusiasm on the sidelines every Friday night.  Should be another packed house Friday night at WC, but I like our chances and believe we roll to 6-0.  GREEN WAVE PRIDE FOREVER

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, WCndaHouse said:

The loss to MJ was a wake up call for my Wildcats. We will have something for the Wave. They better be ready for physical showdown come Friday. Here's my prediction: we shut down Gallatin's run game and the game comes down to the end. Go Cats!  

MJ shut down WC run game, I believe they had 33 carries for 88 yards. However they did pass on us to some effect, going 13-20. Both teams combined for 5 turnovers and 18 penalties. So it definitely wasn’t either teams best game. MJ is still looking to hit is stride, while WC played a favorable schedule up to that point and were definitely overrated. I see Gallatin taking this one by at least 2 scores. One thing I will say is, WC probably stands a better chance of scoring on Gallatin than we did. 

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS