Kenwood @ Henry County

PatriotNation

3 hours ago, SEC1rules said:

2011 defense had zero weakness. This one is very good and physical but I don’t think at that level. 

2011 had the best front 7 in program history (2015 is up there as well). But 2011 also had an absolute head hunter at safety in Storme Hilliard to go along with two very good athletes at corner in Trey Cowans and Felix Adams who did their jobs exceptionally well. LaQuan McFerren at SS was no slouch either. 

I tend to agree that that year’s D was probably on a different level, but I also don’t think our coverage unit that year was ever truly tested, and definitely not against an offense like this year’s Brentwood team.

The 2011 defense had exactly two jobs: suffocate the opponent’s running game, and make the opposing WRs regret going across the middle. That type of pass D isn’t even allowed in college or pro ball these days. 

2 hours ago, MSURacer said:

2011 had the best front 7 in program history (2015 is up there as well). But 2011 also had an absolute head hunter at safety in Storme Hilliard to go along with two very good athletes at corner in Trey Cowans and Felix Adams who did their jobs exceptionally well. LaQuan McFerren at SS was no slouch either. 

I tend to agree that that year’s D was probably on a different level, but I also don’t think our coverage unit that year was ever truly tested, and definitely not against an offense like this year’s Brentwood team.

The 2011 defense had exactly two jobs: suffocate the opponent’s running game, and make the opposing WRs regret going across the middle. That type of pass D isn’t even allowed in college or pro ball these days. 

I don’t think this years defense is as good as last years at this time. Cofield, Rack, Pierpoint, and Kendley are hard to replace.

1 hour ago, westtn1 said:

I don’t think this years defense is as good as last years at this time. Cofield, Rack, Pierpoint, and Kendley are hard to replace.

All great players we hated to see go no doubt.. but if you look at last 3 games  mostly dyer county (who claimed to have the team to beat us this year)  14 points this year (7 coming g from jv)16 allowed last year .and the  clarksville Wildcats we are pretty much right on par. With last years D +holding that Brentwood team to 14. . We may not be 100% as good.  But we are 99..(Davey Harrod) lol you see what I did there. This years team has been getting in the backfield like crazy. Teams find themselves at 3rd down and 10 to 15 to go. ROLL RED ROLL

No other year matters other than 2019.  This group will continue to get better and will be a tough out for any team to play in the playoffs.

PatriotNation has to be a kid.  He is not the norm as most of the Henry Co posters are full of Red Pride and respectful to all. Kenwood is improved from the last few years, but I think Henry Co wins a 35-7 type game.  Good luck to all and hope for an injury free game, with 50 years worth of alumni present!

25 minutes ago, ParisRiverRat said:

No other year matters other than 2019.  This group will continue to get better and will be a tough out for any team to play in the playoffs.

PatriotNation has to be a kid.  He is not the norm as most of the Henry Co posters are full of Red Pride and respectful to all. Kenwood is improved from the last few years, but I think Henry Co wins a 35-7 type game.  Good luck to all and hope for an injury free game, with 50 years worth of alumni present!

He is definitely not a kid! He is just a no BS kinda guy! My kinda guy if you ask me! 

26 minutes ago, ParisRiverRat said:

If I'm being totally honest I dont post much here but I do read everything and PatriotNation has always been full of respect and RED pride! All you have to do is look at any other post besides what is on this thread! He said what he did because 3 or 4 folks tried ganging up on him over nothing! What did you expect him to do sit there and take yalls BS? I sure wouldnt. He is one of the best men I know and proud to call him a friend! Yall can think what u want about him but he is well known to the Patriot coaches, fans, and players. Have never heard a bad word said about him so take it how you want. That's just the facts. Anyways I dont do predictions much but I'm going to say Patriots 35-14. For anyone that cares PatNation posted on Twitter a prediction of 42-7