Avery comes to Cland

THE KING

We destroyed Avery last year with the power running game.  We've actually dominated the series since we started playing on a regular basis again.  5-2 since 2011.  However, the last 3 meetings we have failed to stop their offense.  In fact,  if Avery had anyone who could tackle at all,  we would not have won.  They just don't like smash mouth football since all the liberals have took over up there.  I look for a closely contested game unless avery starts with the big plays,  then we could be in trouble. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, THE KING said:

We destroyed Avery last year with the power running game.  We've actually dominated the series since we started playing on a regular basis again.  5-2 since 2011.  However, the last 3 meetings we have failed to stop their offense.  In fact,  if Avery had anyone who could tackle at all,  we would not have won.  They just don't like smash mouth football since all the liberals have took over up there.  I look for a closely contested game unless avery starts with the big plays,  then we could be in trouble. 

You got this!

3 hours ago, Appvol said:

King we may get boat raced in this one. Avery ran 90 plays Friday night. They lost which surprised me. The QB Hoilman was 38-70-3 tds 373 yards passing. That puts him at 1500 yards for the year 21 tds passing  2 INTs.

We've not had a good pass rusher since 2004.  Seriously,  I have to go back that far to remember any players who had a ton of sacks.  I remember when we used to have team speed along the D-line.  We've had plenty beef through the years but being big is useless unless you can move.  High school linemen should weigh between 230 and 250 with a 300 lb. bench press; 500 lb deadlift and should run under a 5 flat.  Having a front 5 that strong and fast wins championships.  Especially when they play like mean Joe Greene.  Line backers should weigh between 200 and 220 and should bench at least 275 and deadlift 450 with 4.7 speed.  Skill players should be able to do muscle ups, perform a full planche and have 4.4 to 4.7 speed.  I know these are unrealistic expectations at a school like cland but I would shoot for these numbers as a strength coach.  When your strong and fast, learning the ups and downs and in and outs of football become a lot easier. 

6 hours ago, Appvol said:

King we may get boat raced in this one. Avery ran 90 plays Friday night. They lost which surprised me. The QB Hoilman was 38-70-3 tds 373 yards passing. That puts him at 1500 yards for the year 21 tds passing  2 INTs.

70 passes!!!! Only 3 TD's? That many passes in a game, he should be at 4,000 yds for the year :roflol:

11 minutes ago, harley04 said:

70 sounds like Cloudlands DB's are gonna get a work out. Better hydrate. :mrgreen:

If Avery ran 90 plays and 70 were passes, sounds like they may not have a strong run game and Cland had better have DB's ready for sure! 

Highest average in the NFL is 38.3 pass attempts per game! 

Edited by uknoit2

17 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

If Avery ran 90 plays and 70 were passes, sounds like they may not have a strong run game and Cland had better have DB's ready for sure! 

Highest average in the NFL is 38.3 pass attempts per game! 

Avery had 519 yards of offense Friday night. 4 turnovers they had must of hurt. Got stopped going for it on 4th down 6 times. 3 of those were goal to go situations.