BRUINS HOST COLUMBIA ACADEMY

tradertwo

7 hours ago, GTfanTN said:

This is why USJ guys don't want to open a thread.  Everything said is either taken out of context or someone is making a joke out of the statement.   Bellsburg2 never said that CA will be our toughest competition so far.  He said "I suspect ColA will be our toughest test to date."  I agree with that statement. 2 of the last 3 weeks have been against our rivals.  Easy to get teenage kids up for those type games.  A lot harder to get kids up for a 0-4 game that is also being played on Homecoming. Col Acad probably is " the toughest 0-4 team around."  They have lost to 4A (4-1) team, 5A (3-1) team and 2 D2 teams.  Your partner, Reitzfan,  thinks the two D2 teams that beat Col Acad will to be tough games for USJ.  I agree with his statement.  I also believe Bellsburg2 statement is accurate.  

Ok ok.  I suspect They are the toughest 0-4 team.  And welcome to the T. 

Edited by BigEdMo

26 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Ok ok.  I suspect They are the toughest 0-4 team.  And welcome to the T. 

Careful BigEdmo!  You might want to double check your post before you reply because the Coach T newbies might pile on you!  I sure miss the jawing with the Peabody and Adamsville crowd!  

From what I've seen of CA -- which isn't much -- I  do expect USJ to win pretty handily. You can definitely see how in an up year they'll be a tough out though.

Bigger picture is USJ is a very good team, and tradertwo is right to chirp on behalf of his friend. I personally doubted this coaching staff after the first couple seasons, but I'm a believer now. 

It's not just that USJ has been winning... they've been playing with discipline, technique, heart and mental toughness. Those are the foundations that lead to a winning program year after year even as talent ebbs and flows.

Though I'm sure there will be some murmuring from the coacht peanut gallery, I got a kick out of them putting that extra touchdown on JCS. Football isn't always about being nice, and the best coaches and teams have an "edge" about them.

That said, the schedule gets much tougher from here on! Will be fun to watch how the top DII-A teams perform in the regular season and then adjust for the probable post season rematches.

Edited by Kublah

7 hours ago, Kublah said:

From what I've seen of CA -- which isn't much -- I  do expect USJ to win pretty handily. You can definitely see how in an up year they'll be a tough out though.

Bigger picture is USJ is a very good team, and tradertwo is right to chirp on behalf of his friend. I personally doubted this coaching staff after the first couple seasons, but I'm a believer now. 

It's not just that USJ has been winning... they've been playing with discipline, technique, heart and mental toughness. Those are the foundations that lead to a winning program year after year even as talent ebbs and flows.

Though I'm sure there will be some murmuring from the coacht peanut gallery, I got a kick out of them putting that extra touchdown on JCS. Football isn't always about being nice, and the best coaches and teams have an "edge" about them.

That said, the schedule gets much tougher from here on! Will be fun to watch how the top DII-A teams perform in the regular season and then adjust for the probable post season rematches.

You are first three paragraphs in your post were on point and I have no argument with it at all.

However, apparently anybody that disagrees with you or other usj posters are apparently the Coach T peanut gallery. I had heard about the controversial ending of that game but I wanted to see the video for myself. I also listened to the comments of both the Jackson Christian and usj broadcasters. When the usj broadcasters even question the call about the last three plays the game, that tells you a lot. There is absolutely no way that you can justify the play-calling on those final three plays of the ballgame. And for you to say that you even got a kick out of that final touchdown is equally disturbing. You can say football is not always about being nice. You can also say that the best coaches and the best teams have an edge about them. However, all usj did in those final three plays was run up the score pure and simple. There is absolutely no justification for it. I hope the Bruins are happy with that. I can promise you one thing though. That end-of-game stunt will come back to haunt them somewhere in the future.

You can call me a member of the Coach T peanut gallery all you want. Anybody who objectively looks at that game film will come to the same conclusion that I did.

Good night from high atop The Peanut Gallery

• Like 1

Hmmmmm...............How would the gallery react........if JC ran the score up?  No need for that garbage.   Jackson Christian is going to be really good in about two years.......Uh oh!!!  We may not take the gas off the pedal in a couple of years!!!!  Country club lane is going to be hopping in two years!

Without mudslinging, I will just say that there was A LOT more motivating the unnecessary TD at the end of the game than just the 4Q of football played on Friday night. This rivalry goes back to the days when TCA was nothing more than a glimmer in their daddy's eye. The more recent move to DII for JCS and some of the behind the scenes moves that have taken place in the recent months have rekindled the rivalry as much as ever. JCS is "building" and could very well have the chance to return the favor in coming years, but only time will tell.

4 hours ago, Bellsburg2 said:

Without mudslinging, I will just say that there was A LOT more motivating the unnecessary TD at the end of the game than just the 4Q of football played on Friday night. This rivalry goes back to the days when TCA was nothing more than a glimmer in their daddy's eye. The more recent move to DII for JCS and some of the behind the scenes moves that have taken place in the recent months have rekindled the rivalry as much as ever. JCS is "building" and could very well have the chance to return the favor in coming years, but only time will tell.

Agreed, now you don't usually want to see your team run up the score so egregiously, but in this case... Hey when you're recruiting players from rivals after team photos have been taken, you're going to get some payback. Of course, USJ better be ready next year because you know JCS will bring it!

It's nice seeing this rivalry bubble back up. Will make the games even more memorable for the young men, plus for most of the alumni this was "the game" when we played.

Edited by Kublah

32 minutes ago, chainsaw2 said:

I see the gallery continues to suffer from BDS aka Bruin Derangement Syndrome. The only known cure is a W

Nice to see some of those from that school over on McClellen Rd trying to deflect from the real issue that they can't defend. Sorry, you guys are not coated in teflon.

9 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

You know what chainsaw I actually Agree with you on this comment. I am Old school and believe in the fact that you just beat someone they shut up. 

That's clearly not true. Y'all take a new loss every year yet we still can't have a normal topic on the T!

1 minute ago, Kublah said:

That's clearly not true. Y'all take a new loss every year yet we still can't have a normal topic on the T!

Not when the bully rubs your nose in everything after you win.  Y’all critique everything we say. On here we are always defending our OPINIONS as if we are not allowed to have one.  Y’all expect us to hang on every word of your opinion. There is no love loss over the years with the antics that have gone on between the schools and I am Sure that leads to a lot of this. But if you ran in my circle. I tell My kids my friends To just beat you. It’s just like the bully on the block. The only way to get the bully to stop is to punch him in the nose. 

• CoachT locked this topic