BRUINS HOST COLUMBIA ACADEMY

tradertwo

Just wait until those JCS middle schoolers transfer to USJ next year ;) 

In all seriousness can we please not bring up middle school. It doesn't predict much. Most of the time MS success just means you had a running back who was either held back a year or hit an early growth spurt.

Those poor CA fans must be wondering what the heck is going on...

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

I hope That was not an underhanded jab at tca middle school. TCA did beat USJ 32-6. And JC man handled TCA. Be happy y’all did not play JC middle school this year. 

No it wasn't a jab at TCA.  Just stating the schedule wasn't near as hard overall.  Yes, TCA did beat USJ this year.  However, TCA canceled on USJ the last 2 years in Middle school after the season had already started.  Even though USJ was down this year in MS; we still played our schedule out.  Unlike TCA the last 2 years.  

12 minutes ago, GTfanTN said:

No it wasn't a jab at TCA.  Just stating the schedule wasn't near as hard overall.  Yes, TCA did beat USJ this year.  However, TCA canceled on USJ the last 2 years in Middle school after the season had already started.  Even though USJ was down this year in MS; we still played our schedule out.  Unlike TCA the last 2 years.  

TCA had 12 players on the MS roster last year and 13 the year before.  They almost had to cancel the season.  They tried to manage schedule so that they only played teams that were not going to physically kill them.  Would USj have played TCA if their roster was down to 12 and TCA had a couple of 230 pound monsters?  Probably not but maybe they would have. TCA was trying to keep their kids interested in playing football for the future and if one of those 90 pound kids got clocked by a 200 pounder I guarantee they wouldn’t have played in HS.  Trust me, we struggle with kids not wanting to play football.  Our hallways are full of kids that would impact the program right now.  Coaches do all they can do to convince them to play. TCA won’t ever cancel a HS game with USJ regardless of roster size but MS is a different deal.  That argument is getting old and let’s move on from it.  USj would have slaughtered TCA’s MS team the last two years and we know it so there’s nothing else to prove.  It’s a cycle there.  Tca’s 5-8th grade is really good right now and if they will stay together they have a shot at doing really well in HS.  Key is staying together.  

15 minutes ago, GTfanTN said:

Let’s compare apples to apples. Your down year now still has 3 times the kids that hose 2 middle school years for TCA. We didn’t want to get kids hurt and discouraged because then the kids won’t play the next year. Keep throwing shade. Typical

Edited by BigEdMo

10 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Let’s compare apples to apples. Your down year now still has 3 times the kids that hose 2 middle school years for TCA. We didn’t want to get kids hurt and discouraged because then the kids won’t play the next year. Keep throwing shade. Typical

You were the person that brought up a score of this years middle school game.  Trying to brag about TCA's middle school team.  Just putting you back in your place.  

12 minutes ago, Intense said:

TCA had 12 players on the MS roster last year and 13 the year before.  They almost had to cancel the season.  They tried to manage schedule so that they only played teams that were not going to physically kill them.  Would USj have played TCA if their roster was down to 12 and TCA had a couple of 230 pound monsters?  Probably not but maybe they would have. TCA was trying to keep their kids interested in playing football for the future and if one of those 90 pound kids got clocked by a 200 pounder I guarantee they wouldn’t have played in HS.  Trust me, we struggle with kids not wanting to play football.  Our hallways are full of kids that would impact the program right now.  Coaches do all they can do to convince them to play. TCA won’t ever cancel a HS game with USJ regardless of roster size but MS is a different deal.  That argument is getting old and let’s move on from it.  USj would have slaughtered TCA’s MS team the last two years and we know it so there’s nothing else to prove.  It’s a cycle there.  Tca’s 5-8th grade is really good right now and if they will stay together they have a shot at doing really well in HS.  Key is staying together.  

I agree they did't have the numbers.  I was stating a fact since BidEdMo was throwing a jab about winning a middle school game against us this year.  

32 minutes ago, GTfanTN said:

You were the person that brought up a score of this years middle school game.  Trying to brag about TCA's middle school team.  Just putting you back in your place.  

Not a brag. You threw shade that JC did not play a tough schedule. And put our name in there. Come on man. Own it when you throw shade. I do. Your middle school team stinks. Our 5th and 6th grade beat y’all. See own it. Don’t underhand the shade. Get facts straight. You brought up TCA first. Make your case with JC without bringing up TCA and then you won’t hear from us. 

Edited by BigEdMo

27 minutes ago, GTfanTN said:

I agree they did't have the numbers.  I was stating a fact since BidEdMo was throwing a jab about winning a middle school game against us this year.  

I don’t think he was bragging about TCA at all. He was stating that JC’s MS was really good and that TCA beat USJ pretty good but JC beat TCA pretty good.  He was confirming that JC was really good and disputing the prior posts that JC had played a weak schedule and disputing the insinuation that JC’s MS team might not be that good.   Is your head spinning now? Haha:bored:

• Upvote 1

I was an assistant coach on a public middle school team two years ago. Our only loss was to a strong, athletic, and well coached USJ team in OT. We played TCA the first game of the season. Our team (Northeast Middle) had 36 players and TCA had 13, as stated above. Those two teams had ZERO business playing each other. To cancel games because of numbers is completely understandable because ultimately, middle school football is about coaching kids to be prepared for high school. I have a difficult time trash talking about middle school football, and find it harder to look at middle school as a predictor of high school success. What Kublah said about middle school being about having a bigger, faster RB is spot on.

Edited by Pledgemaster
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Kublah said:

Just wait until those JCS middle schoolers transfer to USJ next year ;) 

In all seriousness can we please not bring up middle school. It doesn't predict much. Most of the time MS success just means you had a running back who was either held back a year or hit an early growth spurt.

Those poor CA fans must be wondering what the heck is going on...

Hahahaha. So true. I missed Your comment earlier. It is so true about the one big kid. Seen it many times. But the only thing CA is wondering is how they turn the rest of the season around. After last nights game confirmed what I had been told. They are one dimensional. I know one dimensional. But I think Our lions found a way last week to spread the ball around and still get Davis the touches.  That is what is so good about Browder. If what he is doing first half is not working he will come out with something different second half. 

• CoachT locked this topic