BRUINS HOST COLUMBIA ACADEMY

tradertwo

I am told that CA may have a stronger passing QB that will be returning in the next week or two from a preseason injury. From my POV, it seemed like protecting the passer was at least as big of an issue as the passer himself. On the few plays where he had time to read and throw, he  hit a couple of out routes at the boundary to move the chains.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ReitzFan said:

I am just curious. Did the usj student body get on the track and walk over and taunt the Columbia Academy fans like they attempted to do a couple of weeks ago against another team? Asking for a friend.

I love the open floor plan and farmhouse sink. I think I shall continue living rent-free in that head of yours. 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Bellsburg2 said:

I love the open floor plan and farmhouse sink. I think I shall continue living rent-free in that head of yours. 

Still can't answer and honest question I see. Typical of you. Of course it wouldn't surprise me if you claimed it never happened a couple of weeks ago. How about giving an honest answer with a simple yes or no. A friend really wants to know.

1 hour ago, ReitzFan said:

I am just curious. Did the usj student body get on the track and walk over and taunt the Columbia Academy fans like they attempted to do a couple of weeks ago against another team? Asking for a friend.

I don’t remember the USJ students running around a track. I remember them running around the concrete path at TCA, but never around a track. ;)

But, you can tell your “friend” that they didn’t attempt to do that to the CA fans.

Edited by Pledgemaster

21 minutes ago, Pledgemaster said:

I don’t remember the USJ students running around a track. I remember them running around the concrete path at TCA, but never around a track. ;)

You must think TCA has a ton of money to be able to afford to concrete the area around our football field. However, that concrete path has produced 3 gold medals in the last 2 years. That concrete path stands a very good chance of producing two more gold medals this year. Concrete path? I can remember when many of the parking lots at TCA and many of the access roads around the school were nothing but gravel. I wish we had enough money to afford to concrete everything or to build a fence around the campus to keep students from leaving.

Edited by ReitzFan

19 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

You must think TCA has a ton of money to be able to afford to concrete the area around our football field. However, that concrete path has produced 3 gold medals in the last 2 years. That concrete path stands a very good chance of producing two more gold medals this year. Concrete path? I can remember when many of the parking lots at TCA and many of the access roads around the school were nothing but gravel. I wish we had enough money to afford to concrete everything or to build a fence around the campus to keep students from leaving.

Just think how much faster he would be if he trained on a track instead of gravel and concrete. He would probably be faster if he had not taken all those hits when the Lions are down 30. 

Edited by USJalum88
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

You must think TCA has a ton of money to be able to afford to concrete the area around our football field. However, that concrete path has produced 3 gold medals in the last 2 years. That concrete path stands a very good chance of producing two more gold medals this year. Concrete path? I can remember when many of the parking lots at TCA and many of the access roads around the school were nothing but gravel. I wish we had enough money to afford to concrete everything

The fact that the school has produced the best track athlete in the state is something to be proud of. Kevin is a top notch athlete and a great young man.

I am very new to USJ, but have quickly become very proud of the fact that my child goes to school there. If I’m being honest, I’m not a big fan of the students running to the TCA side and understand your being annoyed in the moment at that. However, as has been stated here before, a teacher/coach headed them off, stopped them, and sent them back to the appropriate place. While I am new to USj, I’m not new to high school athletics. I have seen less than sporting behavior from individuals at every school. I’m not sure why some of you seem to be so obsessed with  anything that USJ does. This whole thread about a game you have nothing to do with is evidence of that. Im reminded of something I heard one time: “When you stand heads and shoulders above the rest, you make a bigger target.”

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pledgemaster said:

The fact that the school has produced the best track athlete in the state is something to be proud of. Kevin is a top notch athlete and a great young man.

I am very new to USJ, but have quickly become very proud of the fact that my child goes to school there. If I’m being honest, I’m not a big fan of the students running to the TCA side and understand your being annoyed in the moment at that. However, as has been stated here before, a teacher/coach headed them off, stopped them, and sent them back to the appropriate place. While I am new to USj, I’m not new to high school athletics. I have seen less than sporting behavior from individuals at every school. I’m not sure why some of you seem to be so obsessed with  anything that USJ does. This whole thread about a game you have nothing to do with is evidence of that. Im reminded of something I heard one time: “When you stand heads and shoulders above the rest, you make a bigger target.”

I will say that I appreciate your kind words for Kevin Davis. You are correct in that he is a fine athlete and individual. His entire family is.

In reference to the students coming around the track to our side. Yes members of our Administration that did stop that. Sadly, that was not the first time that that particular event has happened not only at TCA but at usj as well. There were other incidents at that game and other things done buy both usj students and players that leave a particularly bad taste in the mouths of TCA folks over the last few years. As you are new to usj, you might not know of many of them. And that would be understandable. Just like if you knew of the incidents in years past you would better understand why we have a bitter taste in our mouths. It is not losing to usj that is the big thing. It is the off field and off Court things that I, along with others, do not forget.

Before I forget, let me say that you were young son certainly has a rather Stout foot. While his kickoffs and field goal kicking ability are impressive, it is his ability to punt the ball so well that makes me the most impressed. I could see him playing Major Division 1 football with that leg. And it will only get better over the next couple of years.

23 minutes ago, USJalum88 said:

Just think how much faster he would be if he trained on a track instead of gravel and concrete. He would probably be faster if he had not taken all those hits when the Lions are down 30. 

Yes, he probably would be a tad faster if he had the opportunity to train on a proper surface. In regards to all of those hits that 7 takes when we are down by 30, we have only lost by 30 or more points one time this season. And in that game number 7 had his fewest amount of rushing attempts on the season. Off the top of my head it was about 15 or less attemps as he spent a good portion of that game at wide receiver. With my comment being said the second part of your post is irrelevant an invalid. If you want to give us an underhanded jab at least use facts

Come on Reitz please tell us 

21 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

There were other incidents at that game and other things done buy both usj students and players

I think it your duty as the spokesman and the face of Trinity to get this out to the public. 

Edited by USJalum88
  • Upvote 1

• CoachT locked this topic