Clinton vs Oak Ridge...

WillieTheWildcats

6 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Is this the game for third place in Anderson County 2019?

No, this is an important Region game that Oak Ridge needs to win to keep third place in the region alive. Now, strap it on and get after the dragons!

OR needs to beat the Dragons and look impressive in doing so!

57 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Oak Ridge has improved since the scrimmage with Maryville for sure after watching them Friday Night. Looks like Clinton is having a tough year and it will only get tougher this Friday. This should be an easy win for the Cats.

You watched the West/OR game? Interested to know what positives you saw from OR in that game?

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

You watched the West/OR game? Interested to know what positives you saw from OR in that game?

You didn't ask me but I'll answer. For starters, the kicking game. Extra point/Punts were good. Kickoff coverage was good and a kick to the end zone. Even though he fumbled a punt I like the way Johnson steps up and catches punts. The defense fought hard and Kendall Jackson ran hard. And there were some holes for him to run through initially before they closed up, and the rest he got on his own. The defense created 3-4 turnovers. The better team won but OR fought hard and if not for a few mistakes, could've made it a close game (it was 14-7 midway through the third quarter).  The fact that OR did all of that in a game that it looked OR was overmatched at every position, I think is a huge positive. I doubt OR plays a faster or more physically imposing team all year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bonkers said:

You didn't ask me but I'll answer. For starters, the kicking game. Extra point/Punts were good. Kickoff coverage was good and a kick to the end zone. Even though he fumbled a punt I like the way Johnson steps up and catches punts. The defense fought hard and Kendall Jackson ran hard. And there were some holes for him to run through initially before they closed up, and the rest he got on his own. The defense created 3-4 turnovers. The better team won but OR fought hard and if not for a few mistakes, could've made it a close game (it was 14-7 midway through the third quarter).  The fact that OR did all of that in a game that it looked OR was overmatched at every position, I think is a huge positive. I doubt OR plays a faster or more physically imposing team all year.

Good analysis and I agree 100% on all points. It’s not all gloom and doom by a long shot. I have seen quite a bit of improvement since the 1st game and that’s what it’s all about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Just saw parts of it. Going to go back and watch again. I was watching half a dozen games before I ran over to Alcoa at halftime to see a longtime friend of mine get placed into Alcoa's Athletic Hall of Fame. Didn't really care about going to the game and I'm sure the 125 people that came from Pigeon Forge to watch it didn't care to be there either from the looks on some of their faces.

23 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Just saw parts of it. Going to go back and watch again. I was watching half a dozen games before I ran over to Alcoa at halftime to see a longtime friend of mine get placed into Alcoa's Athletic Hall of Fame. Didn't really care about going to the game and I'm sure the 125 people that came from Pigeon Forge to watch it didn't care to be there either from the looks on some of their faces.

Yeah, I imagine it wasn't a very pleasant experience for the PF fans during that game. I don't even know why Alcoa plays 99% of their games. Well, I know why, but it is pretty useless because the outcomes are determined far off in advance, that's for sure.

Edited by SweetScience