Clinton vs Oak Ridge...

WillieTheWildcats

2 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Thackerson is going to be a good one if they let him do his thing.  Its not the wing T. He can play.

We need to be able to get a few first downs when we have a lead.   Its ok if your drive ends up in a kick.   Give the defense a few minutes to regroup.  They are playing too many minutes.   Offense is getting better but still too many mistakes to beat a good team, but we are improving.   We need to be sharp and take care of business against Karns.  

Thoughts and prayers tonight for our #18.  

Who got hurt?

4 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Call timeouts with under 30 secs down by 13 and the other team already gave you a break taking the starters out.Who got better by calling timeouts there.I see the point of Clinton tryn to air it out and score late but the timeouts after that made no sense.

Thanks for giving poor ole Clinton a break by not beating us by 4 or more tds! I'm sure OR took it easy on us tonight and just didn't want to run up the score on us.  :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Oak Ridge looked pretty bad.Mainly the offense.Standing on the fence by some Clinton people and they wanted to know why the Romano kid wasn't getting to play much this yr.Its sad that he is being wasted at WR and you don't even know he is out there half the time.He killed Clinton last yr and like a lot of people cant understand him not getting carries at RB.And Gaddis getting soft in his old age putting in backups when it only 27-7 and your 1st string offense needs work.Then let them score with 33 seconds and Clinton coach starts calling timeouts for some odd reason.Good news is in a big rebuild yr you still beat Clinton and stay on track for playoffs.Also we need to get healthy quick cause we have lost some important guys on defense.Too many drives killed by holding calls and fumbles.Maybe we got it out of our system and will be ready next week.Go Cats.

I think Gaddis was classy not trying to score again late while up 27-7. As I checked my program, he was letting some seniors in the game (I noticed 4, 13,28,35,and 16 to name a few). Isn't that more important than scoring again with the first team? Most coaches would just try to run up the score, so I have no problem with letting his foot off of the gas. As far as the two time outs in the last 20 seconds are concerned, that was BULLCRAP! What's the point other than attempting to look foolish...and he was successful at that!

1 hour ago, haweanbula said:

Gaddis is a good man, and he has done a lot for the Oak Ridge program but I feel it is his time to go.

If he's the reason OR has small linemen and a slower than usual bunch of backs and receivers, I agree. And if he's the reason West and Powell have vastly superior talent than OR, much bigger linemen than OR, and way more speed than OR, then he definitely needs to go!!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bonkers said:

I saw the same thing you did and if he's the guy that quit three weeks ago, then the Packer/Price Show needs a lesson in accuracy.

Maybe they'll have the kid who was one of Alcoa's best players that quit after the Maryville game and cleaned out his locker that night before heading home on next week's player to watch. Maybe they will have Coach Rankin on there talking about how important he is to the team and what we can expect to come.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Maybe they'll have the kid who was one of Alcoa's best players that quit after the Maryville game and cleaned out his locker that night before heading home on next week's player to watch. Maybe they will have Coach Rankin on there talking about how important he is to the team and what we can expect to come.

LOL

8 hours ago, bonkers said:

I think Gaddis was classy not trying to score again late while up 27-7. As I checked my program, he was letting some seniors in the game (I noticed 4, 13,28,35,and 16 to name a few). Isn't that more important than scoring again with the first team? Most coaches would just try to run up the score, so I have no problem with letting his foot off of the gas. As far as the two time outs in the last 20 seconds are concerned, that was BULLCRAP! What's the point other than attempting to look foolish...and he was successful at that!

I love getting backups in.Had a freshman in at QB but our offense looked bad most of night and needed one more drive.The point was it was only 27-7 and wasn't running up the score to leave some starters in another drive.Wasnt a huge deal but after improving a lot our offense has went backwards or stayed the same the last 2 weeks.We have to figure out to different ways to run the ball.Our passing game isn't good enough to beat good teams.We need to get creative with Jackson,Romano and Rowe.Right now its Jackson up the middle or pass

10 hours ago, haweanbula said:

Gaddis is a good man, and he has done a lot for the Oak Ridge program but I feel it is his time to go.

This team wouldn't be that good no matter who the coach was.Saying that he does have a great group on the way and I hope he makes the most of it.We have blew more than one trip to Cookeville since hes been back.I would love to see a certain coach back here but I really like Gaddis and think he would be fine if he would get rid of 1 coach.Nobody loves Oak Ridge and wants to win here more than Gaddis

• Like 1