Class 5A Playoff Picture

Rhea Co.

We are at the mid point in the season for a lot of teams. The region races will start playing out and it will be play-off time before you know it. 

I just want to look at each region and start looking at who is a contender and who may get to be a dark horse. 

10 teams in 5A are still undefeated 

Beech, Cherokee, Gallatin, Knox Central, Knox Halls, Powell, Summit, and Knox West at 5-0 and David Crockett and Rhea County at 4-0. 

Region 1 vs Region 2 picture 

Region 1 has a 3 horse race for the top spot at this point with Cherokee, David Crockett, and Tennessee High. The battle for 4th place in the region will sort its self off since the 4 teams that are battling for it will play each other. 

Region 2 

Like Region 1 region 2 is at this point a 3 horse race for the top spot between some teams that could make some noise in the playoffs. Knox central, Knox Halls, and South Doyle will battle out for the top 3 spots. Knox Carter and Knox Gibbs will be fighting it out for 4th in this region. 

If the playoffs started Friday (based on current standings) 

Cherokee vs Knox Carter 

Knox Central vs Tennessee 

David Crockett vs South Doyle 

Knox Halls  vs Daniel Boone 

Region 3 vs Region 4 

Region 3 at this point is a 2 horse race between Knox West and Powell for the top spot. Oct 18th will pretty much decide the region. Oak Ridge could challenge for 2nd but they are going to have to have some luck and play a great game on the road at Powell. 4th place currently is Karns. Karns still has to beat Campbell and Clinton to seal the deal but things are looking good for the beavers. 

Region 4 

its pretty simple Rhea vs Soddy will decide the region. I’ll admit it Rhea has surprised me a little starting 4-0. Soddy has also surprised me with the lack of offensive production in 3 of their 4 games. 

I look for WV to beat Lenoir City for 3rd. 

Powell vs Lenoir City 

Soddy vs Oak Ridge

Knox West vs Walker Valley 

Rhea Co vs Karns 

Region 5 vs Region 6

Region 5 I think Page and Summit will be the game that decides the region. However, the rest of the region will be interesting to watch how it plays out with Columbia, Shelbyville, Lincoln County and Franklin County. 

Region 6 

Is pretty much a 2 horse race between Gallatin and Beech which is going to be a great football game. Hillsboro I think is a solid 3rd but could get 2nd if the beat Beech. Hunters lane I think will round out the top 4. 

Summit vs Hunters Lane 

Beech vs Columbia 

Page vs Hillsboro 

Gallatin vs Lincoln Co 

Region 7 vs Region 8 

Region 7 I believe Henry County has this region won. Kenwood is off to a 2-0 start in region play but there is still a lot of football to be played. Dyer Co, Northwest, Clarksville, and West Creek will decide 3 and 4th. 

Region 8 

Region 8 is a two horse race with Southwind and Ridgeway. 3 and 4 in the region will probably come down to Mumford and Kirby maybe Overton too. 

Henry Co vs Kirby 

Ridgeway vs Dyer Co 

Kenwood vs Munford 

Southwind vs Northwest 

Edited by Rhea Co.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 2

Henry county has region 7 already locked down. The 2 teams predicted to win the 2nd and 3 spot we have already played. Spot 2 and 3 people are sure will go to dyer county and clarksville high. They play each other this Friday so we will see who wins should decide on 2-3. Henry county blew out dyer 48-14 and smoked clarksville high 35-13. Like I said region 7 is a wrap for 1st place.

6 hours ago, Rhea Co. said:

We are at the mid point in the season for a lot of teams. The region races will start playing out and it will be play-off time before you know it. 

I just want to look at each region and start looking at who is a contender and who may get to be a dark horse. 

10 teams in 5A are still undefeated 

Beech, Cherokee, Gallatin, Knox Central, Knox Halls, Powell, Summit, and Knox West at 5-0 and David Crockett and Rhea County at 4-0. 

Region 1 vs Region 2 picture 

Region 1 has a 3 horse race for the top spot at this point with Cherokee, David Crockett, and Tennessee High. The battle for 4th place in the region will sort its self off since the 4 teams that are battling for it will play each other. 

Region 2 

Like Region 1 region 2 is at this point a 3 horse race for the top spot between some teams that could make some noise in the playoffs. Knox central, Knox Halls, and South Doyle will battle out for the top 3 spots. Knox Carter and Knox Gibbs will be fighting it out for 4th in this region. 

Cherokee vs Knox Carter 

David Crockett vs South Doyle 

Knox Halls  vs Daniel Boone 

Region 3 vs Region 4 

Region 3 at this point is a 2 horse race between Knox West and Powell for the top spot. Oct 18th will pretty much decide the region. Oak Ridge could challenge both but they are going to have to have some luck and play some great games on the road. 4th place currently is Karns. Karns still has to beat Campbell and Clinton to seal the deal but things are looking good for the beavers. 

Region 4 

its pretty simple Rhea vs Soddy will decide the region. I’ll admit it Rhea has surprised me a little starting 4-0. Soddy has also surprised me with the lack of offensive production in 3 of their 4 games. 

I look for WV to beat Lenoir City for 3rd. 

Powell vs Lenoir City 

Soddy vs Oak Ridge

Rhea Co vs Karns 

Region 5 vs Region 6

Region 5 I think Page and Summit will be the game that decides the region. However, the rest of the region will be interesting to watch how it plays out with Columbia, Shelbyville, Lincoln County and Franklin County. 

Region 6 

Is pretty much a 2 horse race between Gallatin and Beech which is going to be a great football game. Hillsboro I think is a solid 3rd but could get 2nd if the beat Beech. Hunters lane I think will round out the top 4. 

Summit vs Hunters Lane 

Beech vs Columbia 

Page vs Hillsboro 

Gallatin vs Lincoln Co 

Region 7 vs Region 8 

Region 7 I believe Henry County has this region won. Kenwood is off to a 2-0 start in region play but there is still a lot of football to be played. Dyer Co, Northwest, Clarksville, and West Creek will decide 3 and 4th. 

Region 8 

Region 8 is a two horse race with Southwind and Ridgeway. 3 and 4 in the region will probably come down to Mumford and Kirby maybe Overton too. 

Henry Co vs Kirby 

Ridgeway vs Dyer Co 

Kenwood vs Munford 

Southwind vs Northwest 

Kenwood or northwest will be bumped out for the clarksville high Wildcats. They will be 2nd or 3rd. They should win out the region behind HC. Fridays game between clarksville and dyer county will give is 2nd-3rd 

• 2 weeks later...

Update for Week 6 

Undefeated Teams remaining in 5A 

Gallatin, Beech, Knox Central, Powell, Summit, Knox West, David Crockett, Rhea Co. 

Region games to Watch this week 

Knox Central vs Knox Halls 

Page vs Summit

Hillsboro vs Beech

Region 1 vs Region 2

Region 1

Cherokee suffered its first loss to Elizabethton. Cherokee still leads the region and should handle Cocke Co. setting up a big show down with David Crockett Oct 11. Crockett is enjoying a bye week. Tennessee and Daniel Boone are still in position to challenge Cherokee and David Crockett in the coming weeks. 

Region 2

This week we will start to see movement for the top spot. Knox Central takes on Knox Halls in a big region 2 showdown. Winner of this game will put themselves for not only a home play-off game, but a chance to take on South Doyle for the region title in near the end of the season. It will be interesting to see how Halls bounces back after the beating they took against Powell. The race for 4th could be very interesting between Gibbs, Carter, and Sevier Co. This race will play out over the next 3 weeks with Gibbs playing Sevier Co this week and Carter on Oct 25th. 

Cherokee vs Gibbs

David Crockett vs Knox Halls 

South Doyle vs Daniel Boone

Region 3 vs Region 4

Region 3

The big match up this week in this region is Oak Ridge vs Karns. WIth a win for Oak Ridge will secure a post season birth. If Karns wins then things get interesting. I would have to check tie breakers, but Karns may also get into the playoffs with a win. Potential we could have 3 teams that all beat each other at 3-3 in region play between Oak Ridge, Campbell, and Karns. I can't wait for Oct 18th when Powell takes on Knox West.    

Region 4 

There is only 1 region game this week between Walker Valley and Lenoir City. However, it is an important one for the playoff race, the winner will secure 3rd place. For Walker Valley if they win will get a shot for possibly a 2nd place finish if Rhea beats Soddy in a few weeks. Rhea has a big non-region game with a old rival in Ooltewah Friday. Soddy gets poor Hixson Friday. 

Powell vs Lenoir City 

Soddy Daisy vs Oak Ridge 

Rhea Co. vs Campbell Co. 

Region 5 vs Region 6 

Region 5 

This week we will see who will take the lead for the region championship. Summit host Page in a big showdown. The battle for post season play between Shelbyville and Lincoln Co. will also take place Friday. A win by either will almost secure a playoff birth. For Lincoln they need to win Friday. For Shelbyville they can lose Friday, but still would have a chance to make the playoffs later down the road.   

Region 6

With Glenncliff dropping the rest of their season. That pretty much sets the 4 playoff teams with Gallatin, Beech, Hillsboro, and Hunters Lane. The winner of Hillsboro and Beech will all but secure a home playoff game. 

Summit vs Hunters Lane

Beech vs Columbia

Page vs Hillsboro

Gallatin vs Lincoln Co. 

Region 7 vs Region 8

Region 7

Henry took care of business against Kenwood. Dyer Co. edged out Clarksville this past week. This week we will see a couple match-ups with playoff implications. Dyer taking on Northwest and Clarksville hosting Northeast. I do believe after looking at who remains on Clarksville's schedule they can make the play-offs. They just have to win and they should win. 

Region 8 

Ridgeway took down Southwind this past Friday putting them in the driver's seat for the region title. This week Munford could make it interesting if they can some how knock off Ridge way to force a 3 way tie for 1st. Kirby just needs to keep winning and they are in the playoffs at this point. 

Henry Co. vs Kirby

Southwind vs Kenwood 

Dyer vs Munford 

Ridgeway vs Northwest

Edited by Rhea Co.

1 hour ago, Rhea Co. said:

Update for Week 6 

Gallatin, Beech, Knox Central, Powell, Summit, Knox West, David Crockett, Rhea Co. 

Page vs Summit

Hillsboro vs Beech

Region 1 vs Region 2

Region 1

Cherokee suffered its first loss to Elizabethton. Cherokee still leads the region and should handle Cocke Co. setting up a big show down with David Crockett Oct 11. Crockett is enjoying a bye week. Tennessee and Daniel Boone are still in position to challenge Cherokee and David Crockett in the coming weeks. 

Region 2

This week we will start to see movement for the top spot. Knox Central takes on Knox Halls in a big region 2 showdown. Winner of this game will put themselves for not only a home play-off game, but a chance to take on South Doyle for the region title in near the end of the season. It will be interesting to see how Halls bounces back after the beating they took against Powell. The race for 4th could be very interesting between Gibbs, Carter, and Sevier Co. This race will play out over the next 3 weeks with Gibbs playing Sevier Co this week and Carter on Oct 25th. 

Cherokee vs Gibbs

Region 3 vs Region 4

Region 3

The big match up this week in this region is Oak Ridge vs Karns. WIth a win for Oak Ridge will secure a post season birth. If Karns wins then things get interesting. I would have to check tie breakers, but Karns may also get into the playoffs with a win. Potential we could have 3 teams that all beat each other at 3-3 in region play between Oak Ridge, Campbell, and Karns. I can't wait for Oct 18th when Powell takes on Knox West.    

Region 4 

There is only 1 region game this week between Walker Valley and Lenoir City. However, it is an important one for the playoff race, the winner will secure 3rd place. For Walker Valley if they win will get a shot for possibly a 2nd place finish if Rhea beats Soddy in a few weeks. Rhea has a big non-region game with a old rival in Ooltewah Friday. Soddy gets poor Hixson Friday. 

Powell vs Lenoir City 

Soddy Daisy vs Oak Ridge 

Rhea Co. vs Campbell Co. 

Region 5 vs Region 6 

Region 5 

This week we will see who will take the lead for the region championship. Summit host Page in a big showdown. The battle for post season play between Shelbyville and Lincoln Co. will also take place Friday. A win by either will almost secure a playoff birth. For Lincoln they need to win Friday. For Shelbyville they can lose Friday, but still would have a chance to make the playoffs later down the road.   

Region 6

With Glenncliff dropping the rest of their season. That pretty much sets the 4 playoff teams with Gallatin, Beech, Hillsboro, and Hunters Lane. The winner of Hillsboro and Beech will all but secure a home playoff game. 

Summit vs Hunters Lane

Beech vs Columbia

Page vs Hillsboro

Gallatin vs Lincoln Co. 

Region 7 vs Region 8

Region 7

Henry took care of business against Kenwood. Dyer Co. edged out Clarksville this past week. This week we will see a couple match-ups with playoff implications. Dyer taking on Northwest and Clarksville hosting Northeast. I do believe after looking at who remains on Clarksville's schedule they can make the play-offs. They just have to win and they should win. 

Region 8 

Ridgeway took down Southwind this past Friday putting them in the driver's seat for the region title. This week Munford could make it interesting if they can some how knock off Ridge way to force a 3 way tie for 1st. Kirby just needs to keep winning and they are in the playoffs at this point. 

Henry Co. vs Kirby

Southwind vs Kenwood 

Dyer vs Munford 

Ridgeway vs Northwest

That’s a good take on things.  My only disagreement would be Shelbyville.  I think they are better than Columbia and Lincoln Co.  

2 hours ago, Rhea Co. said:

Update for Week 6 

Page vs Summit

Hillsboro vs Beech

Region 1 vs Region 2

Region 1

Region 2

Cherokee vs Gibbs

Region 3 vs Region 4

Region 3

Region 4 

Powell vs Lenoir City 

Soddy Daisy vs Oak Ridge 

Rhea Co. vs Campbell Co. 

Region 5 vs Region 6 

Region 5 

Region 6

Summit vs Hunters Lane

Beech vs Columbia

Page vs Hillsboro

Gallatin vs Lincoln Co. 

Region 7 vs Region 8

Region 7

Region 8 

Henry Co. vs Kirby

Southwind vs Kenwood 

Dyer vs Munford 

Ridgeway vs Northwest

I believe based on Friday night and what is to come Clarksville will be #3 in Region 7 while and face Southwind as of right now.  I am not looking for a good night on Friday for my Eagles.....Too many people leaving the team.

1 hour ago, UTInsider said:

I believe based on Friday night and what is to come Clarksville will be #3 in Region 7 while and face Southwind as of right now.  I am not looking for a good night on Friday for my Eagles.....Too many people leaving the team.

I think the Wildcats are better than there record.  They just happen to face team #1 and #2 back to back.

16 hours ago, UTInsider said:

What is happening on Trenton Rd?  Saw them play Rossview and was shocked at things that happened during the game.

49 minutes ago, sheppy said:

What is happening on Trenton Rd?  Saw them play Rossview and was shocked at things that happened during the game.

I think there is still a lot left over from last year which was a good year playing wise just not showed record wise because of penalty.  Not much discipline and I think the new coach is working on it but it is taking time.