Class 5A Playoff Picture

Rhea Co.

I’m still not sure about Round 2.  Gallatin/Page will be a battle. I’m personally hoping for a Beech/Gallatin quarterfinal, the atmosphere will be even bigger than last time.

if I were to pick right now I would say:

Round 2

Gallatin at Page

Shelbyville at Beech

Round 3

Beech at Page

Round 4 

Henry County at Beech

Beech will be the favorite from here out. 

Edited by eers

21 hours ago, Rhea Co. said:

Region 2

The Championship and 1 seed went to South Doyle after knocking off Knox Central. Central can lock up the 2 seed with a win Friday over Gibbs Friday. However Gibbs can take 2nd with a win over Knox Central and a Halls lose. Seymour and Halls are in a play in game if Seymour wins they are in if Halls wins they are in. If Gibbs and Halls lose then it forces a 3 way tie. Which which the first two tie breakers won’t work so they would have to go to the 3rd tie break which would be teams on the schedule with records above 500. 

In that last scenario, the 3rd tie breaker would be even (all three will have played 5 teams with winning records). Seymour would win the 4th tie breaker, with 3 wins over teams with winning records, making them the 3-seed. Halls and Gibbs would only have 1 win each over teams with winning records, so the 4-seed would revert back to head-to-head between the two (Halls).