Jackson Co 2-3 (0-2) @ #11 Monterey 5-0 (2-0)

panther14

The Bluest of Devils travel up the mountain on I-40 to take on the Wildest of Cats in a intercounty matchup.  The 'Devils have a couple of wins, and a couple of L's that were settled by one score.  They seem to be finding an identity, according to sources, and plan on using a ground attack mixed in with a little "usual" JC trickery.  On the home side, Monterey is coming off a 63-16, old fashioned _ $ $ whopping delivered to the Bobcats of PCHS, where the starters got limited reps, and plenty of rest for this one.  No word yet on the Bowman freshman tailback, but , Soberanis, Key, Borgas, and Bowden look to run, pass, and catch their way to 6-0!

Who wins this much historic match-up and why???

Edited by panther14

10 hours ago, HC116 said:

It’ll be the toughest test Monterey hasn’t faced so far, but that’s not saying much when you look at their schedule. I’ll take the Wildcats by at least 20. Just too much firepower

I had to do a double take of the schedule. I believe their opponents up until this point have won 2 games COMBINED. Their margins have been enough to make me think they might be the real deal, but I don't know yet. Rest of the way doesn't show much competition either.  Yeah Clay County but I don't know how real they are either as they are in same boat. I'll still go with Monterey by 10.

5 hours ago, JustABlueFan said:

I had to do a double take of the schedule. I believe their opponents up until this point have won 2 games COMBINED. Their margins have been enough to make me think they might be the real deal, but I don't know yet. Rest of the way doesn't show much competition either.  Yeah Clay County but I don't know how real they are either as they are in same boat. I'll still go with Monterey by 10.

Will know more about Monterey after they play Bledsoe! I feel like if they can play with or beat Bledsoe they should handle Clay! Monterey has some solid players but like u seen strength of schedule is not good. I hope to see them have a great year and win a couple playoff games.

1 hour ago, TALMAD said:

Will know more about Monterey after they play Bledsoe! I feel like if they can play with or beat Bledsoe they should handle Clay! Monterey has some solid players but like u seen strength of schedule is not good. I hope to see them have a great year and win a couple playoff games.

Yes I'm rooting for them too. I just hope they don't run the table or lose one game then get bounced by a 4-6 team in the playoffs

31 minutes ago, WILDCAT4LIFE said:

Yes strength of schedule is weak but tjis is by far the best team i have ever seen all the way around lineman are down hill blocking defense is great Monterey will go in the playoff as long as they stay focused the seniors all know this is there last run and are all in talmad looking forward to seeing u at Bledsoe 

Good job to Monterey. All they can do is win the games on their schedule. I will be  rooting for you guys