Knox County Recruiting Service

Pinocchio007

2 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

They have to vote him/her out, it's an election when you vote. Just a smaller number.

If you want to get technical...  the board has a motion made and seconded whether to hire/fire a particular person as the Director. The result of the vote is the action taken by the board as a whole, so you can call it an election if you like.

7 hours ago, tradertwo said:

If you want to get technical...  the board has a motion made and seconded whether to hire/fire a particular person as the Director. The result of the vote is the action taken by the board as a whole, so you can call it an election if you like. 

What do you care about Knox County politics anyway.

7 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

What do you care about Knox County politics anyway.

LOL... I don't. But I do care that the elected/appointed Director of Schools thingy is a hot topic in statewide politics right at the moment, and I am a firm believer that the mechanics of checks and balances involved in the decision making process that we have with the current system would be nonexistent should the power be flipped. In case the proponents of electing the DOS do not realize the effects... the school board would then be responsible for the hiring and firing of ALL staff... yes Principals, teachers, aids, counselors, RTI, SPED, and even the janitorial staff... do you want nine elected citizens responsible for that?

Smarty pants... that's why I care.

Edited by tradertwo
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, tradertwo said:

LOL... I don't. But I do care that the elected/appointed Director of Schools thingy is a hot topic in statewide politics right at the moment, and I am a firm believer that the mechanics of checks and balances involved in the decision making process that we have with the current system would be nonexistent should the power be flipped. In case the proponents of electing the DOS do not realize the effects... the school board would then be responsible for the hiring and firing of ALL staff... yes Principals, teachers, aids, counselors, RTI, SPED, and even the janitorial staff... do you want nine elected citizens responsible for that?

Smarty pants... that's why I care.

We're talking about school zones/recruiting/politics of and you want to throw out all that other stuff that don't matter to what's going on right now in Knox County. Talk to the Gov/Legislature about what is good for your county. Let Knox County solve it's own problems.

• Sad 1

On 9/29/2019 at 8:39 PM, BigTime1950 said:

I would rather have the Superintendent of Knox County Schools elected by the voters of the county instead of voted in or out by 9 people. 

On 9/29/2019 at 8:53 PM, osunut2 said:

I do agree that I would prefer an elected superintendent, as long as the individuals running are "qualified" to do the job.

18 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

We're talking about school zones/recruiting/politics of and you want to throw out all that other stuff that don't matter to what's going on right now in Knox County. Talk to the Gov/Legislature about what is good for your county. Let Knox County solve it's own problems.

I didn't "throw it out there" you did. I responded. You and Knox County carry on with your business... until you bring up another issue that affects "my county" as well as your own, my nose will stay right where it is.

• 2 months later...