Knox County Recruiting Service

Pinocchio007

Austin East probably is the worst for kids leaving.

Carter, Halls, Gibbs, and some years South Doyle struggle to keep their top kids at home also.  Its amazing the difference in how competitive those programs can be when they keep their kids at home.  Its like they struggle to get to 500 most years, but when they keep 1 or 2 key players from transferring they may go 7-3 or 8-2 (and usually those 2 or 3 losses are competitive games rather then blow outs). 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2019 at 8:23 AM, guthook said:

If you just consolidated the Carter Transfers this year and last you'd have had a heck of a team.

But those kids did play at Carter at the same time and Carter still didn't win so not really seeing the point of this one. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/24/2019 at 12:33 PM, Pinocchio007 said:

First, I am going to start by saying this thread is about to take off!!! 

All Knox County Schools recruit to some degree, "HATE TO BREAK THE NEWS"! This starts by the schools themselves with alumni and community, next the high school coaches, then the youth organizations, and work all the way down into church.

List of Knox County "PUBLIC SCHOOLS"- No, exact order, but if I had to make a list! 

1. Powell 
  2. Central 
  3. Fulton
  4. Austin- East
  5. Bearden
  6. South- Doyle**  
  7. Farragut**
  8. West**
  9. Halls**
  10. Gibbs**
  11. Carter**
  12. Hardin Valley** 
  13. Karns 

**Subject to change 

3bfbj6.jpg

I disagree AE doesn’t recruit, many take players zone for AE.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Turtle said:

Where is Norwood Middle??

I think he is referring to Northwest Middle.  And there are also a few kids there who are zoned for Karns High, and a big chunk zoned West. 

Norwood Elementary is about a half mile east of Northwest Middle on Merchant Drive. 

Edited by HTV

On 1/12/2020 at 5:43 PM, HTV said:

I think he is referring to Northwest Middle.  And there are also a few kids there who are zoned for Karns High, and a big chunk zoned West. 

Norwood Elementary is about a half mile east of Northwest Middle on Merchant Drive. 

I was being sarcastic !!!