Greenfield vs. Fulton County, KY - Homecoming

JacketPride5

This game used to be an easy W on our schedule, but Coach Briggs at Fulton County has turned them into a competitive team.  They are a big team and have one of the best running backs in the area.  We were able to slow him down last year, but we lost several seniors off of that defense.  If Greenfield can pull this game out, it looks like Greenfield vs. LC could be two undefeated team battling it out on Oct. 25.  How do y'all think this game goes?

Turnovers and penalties killed us in this game.  We had 3 turnovers and 130 yards in penalties.  We need to work on cleaning up the turnovers and penalties if we want to beat good teams.  It seemed like every time we had a good drive going, a holding or personal foul would get called and it would kill the drive.  Also, we did a good job of containing the running back for most of the game, but at the end they put Kimble at QB and spread it out. It was almost impossible to stop.  We all know he can run, but he also has a cannon.  If I was the Fulton County Coach, I would keep him at QB.

20 minutes ago, JacketPride5 said:

Turnovers and penalties killed us in this game.  We had 3 turnovers and 130 yards in penalties.  We need to work on cleaning up the turnovers and penalties if we want to beat good teams.  It seemed like every time we had a good drive going, a holding or personal foul would get called and it would kill the drive.  Also, we did a good job of containing the running back for most of the game, but at the end they put Kimble at QB and spread it out. It was almost impossible to stop.  We all know he can run, but he also has a cannon.  If I was the Fulton County Coach, I would keep him at QB.

For comparison, they had 1 turnover and 35 yards in penalties.  As General Neyland said, the team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.

I always pull for this areas teams except when playing Dresden of course. And I think both Gleason & Greenfield are both two of smallest enrollments in 1A, so when this areas lil guys win. I LUV IT. I'm a diehard sucker for underdogs, unless, as said, they playing DHS Lions. Was hoping Jackets won this one, but y'all will learn your lessons & keep after it. Greenfield definitely legit! Having a great year indeed! 

• Like 1